Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

5 WLH's I Found In A Roll

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 369Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
649 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  10:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm breaking the rules about 1 coin per thread...hit the back space arrow if you want...?

Been going through some rolls I picked up as a "All or Nothing" collection I bought last fall. I did the All...
They were all in plastic tubes...
Lots of just 90% stuff...over a hundred dollars of each dimes, quarters and half's...just counted them up...didn't look at any dates...and paid 15 x's face.

Well I was working my way backwards on the half's...Kennedy's, Franklin's now Walking Liberty's...

These are a big surprise to me...

1921-S

1923-S

1929-D... she might detail because of the old gash on her chest?

1933-S

and my favorite...I remember seeing it quickly when counting them all up thinking...oh that's a nice one...that'll make up for any slicks...

She's had the obverse cleaned...Aarg!
You can see the cleaning scratches...the reverse looks fantastic in hand...no cleaning...just the obverse.
Just put em in 2x2's for now...
Wanted to share.
Sorry about all the pics...easier this way than try to post and explain each coin over again...
smat
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3341 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well done, couple semi keys there.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55831 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remarkable haul in this day and age. Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4727 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely done! Bummer the obverse was cleaned on the 1917.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15030 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pickup .The reverse of that 17-P WLH is razor sharp .If the obverse was as sharp and issue free you would have had at least a $1,000 coin IMHO !
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
9646 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someones collection was dumped...

Your gain although..Congrats!
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
970 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Score!
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
United States
649 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all!
Strange part I don't get...when I bought all this 90%...there were also a couple complete albums of Franklins...all ave circ condition...and a partial Whitman 1916 to 1936 Liberty Standing Half Dollar album...I don't understand why 8 coins in the roll didn't get put in the album...there were 3 more I didn't post...16-S, 17-D obv and 19-D.
The collection had a lot going on...proofs from 1952-1982...all kinds of mint sets, prestige sets, modern gold, foreign, even some slabbed coins...not to mention Morgan and Peace dollars and don't forget nickels and cents...
So I figured the tubed coins had to be doubles/repeats since an album was started?
That's why this morning was such a surprise!
even if that 17 is cleaned : )
smat
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1637 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, that is a surprise.....
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Learn More...
United States
97967 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 369Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05