Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1937 S Lincoln Wheat Cent Doubled Die - DDO-001 W/ Lamination

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 240Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3245 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  12:18 pm Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is a fairly common doubled die, even in uncirculated condition, but I picked this one up for the addition of the lamination problems. They're kind of minor, but an oddity for my DDO-001 collection.

I am thinking, based on the angles, that the bit of metal on the face is either a struck through copper debris or a bit of lamination that was bent over that way and struck through.

1937-S Lincoln Wheat cent doubled die - DDO-001 w/lamination

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
293 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yet another cool find TB. I think I see something on the reverse adjacent to the E in ONE. Almost looks like some type of die clash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1884 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool!
Cherrypicker/Error Collector
Best Coins:
1971 LMC Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/393989
1902 Indian cent Off Center: http://goccf.com/t/376888
1972-D Lincoln Cent Major Die Break: http://goccf.com/t/376595
1964-D LMC Capped Die PCGS MS63RB: http://goccf.com/t/389752
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice
Pillar of the Community
United States
1982 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice TB !
Scuba , those are feeder finger lines. Damage to the die face from the feeder fingers. These are actually used as markers for this reverse die.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
293 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Scuba , those are feeder finger lines

THANKS Stoneman!! I appreciate that info. Completely understand and can see that now as I could not see how the obverse design elements could have matched up with a die clash in the fashion shown by the lines on the reverse I was referring to. Makes total sense and thanks for that explanation. Just wondering now how many more DDO-001's TB needs to fulfill his collection....... Not askin.... just wondering..... I know he works at it hard and spends a long time collecting these and would love to one day see his collection! Keep it up TB! You are on a roll!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3245 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks folks! And Scuba, not counting the 1969-S which I'm not going after, I believe my magic number is 8 left to go. A couple are in need of better examples, but most are pretty solid. A board member just sent me a very nice 1953-D DDO-001 to update the poor one I had so that's another one done. I'll post photos of that soon but just haven't been near my computer most of the day.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
293 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TB for that info. Good luck on your remaining quest!
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You will need to make it a registry set of varieties TB. Very cool.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 240Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05