Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1996 D Quarter Question Of DDR

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 253Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
326 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  12:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This coin is not listed and because I have faith enough in the people here at this community to help me understand the situation with it.
Can someone please tell me why this is not a doubled die or explain why would it not be listed after so long if it is.
If you like look at the word United you'll notice the T is notched along with the multiple other locations but I am at the mercy of my horible phones camera. I hope you can see what I see and explain to me why I don't see a doubled die.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5366 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much more vague can you be Merclover? Every time you have commented on something I posted it is negative or just sarcastic. I can do without that. If you wouldn't mind I'd like a real explanation of the notching I see in the letters. At this point I do at the least understand what it doubled die is and how it is created. So please if you don't mind do me a favor, refrain from the urge to remark. Is just not necessary unless you got to be helpful in some way instead of pushing people away from this group where they can actually get a true understanding a certain things. If anyone else would like to comment I would be rather delighted to hear their explanation of this coin.
Edited by My2cent
03/01/2021 05:43 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5366 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  03:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How much more vague can you be near Clove?

Not sure what you mean, and who is "Clove"?
EVERYTIME you present a coin to us, you want us to do the work for you. Since I guess you were unable to look-up these fine, well written explanations yourself, I have brought them to you. Even when we tell you our thoughts you disagree with our findings (sorta what you're doing now).

Give a man a fish he eats once. Teach him to fish, he eats for a lifetime. You asked questions about doubled-dies, and I have furnished your the answers in these three links written by coin experts. I am certain you can find the answers, and may even able to find listing numbers.

Quote:
I hope you can see what I see and explain to me why I don't see a doubled die.

Perhaps you don't see a doubled die because doubled-dies are not very common. You don't see a doubled-die because it isn't one? Good luck to you!

ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38428 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please post in focus photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just want to know about this right here in this picture it's in more of the letters but not as clear.

I am not trying to argue with anyone. I highly value the information that the people in this community are willing and able to give me that I cannot find on doubleddie.com
like when they're was Master Hub issues for a specific year that caused strange effects and happen to look like doubling. Which was the explanation for the last coin I had that had looking similar to this. But when your only explanation is so I can learn the difference in Doubling that doesn't help me one bit.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49935 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a well placed contact mark. If it were a doubled die, other devices would also be affected also. I;m not seeing that on this area of the coin. The overall size of the device is normal in size.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3538 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with coop. The notch-like feature in the T doesn't seem to appear in the array of other letters (devices) making up UNITED--as they should if a doubled die were in play. The mark of the T appears isolated. And, there's the device size matter raised by coop as well.
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay thank you so much for the info
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05