Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1946 Wheat Cent Distressed. What The Heck? Please Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 247Next Topic  

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  3:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nenner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2813 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

We often call coins with this type of damage, "Road Kill" of a "Parking Lot" coin. It looks as if it spent some time being dented by the stones in the tarmac. This coin could also be intentionally damaged, as many of the depressions are rounded and may have come from a punch or tool of some sort. PMD
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Pillar of the Community
United States
3547 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Distressed, as in severe post strike damage of a rather violent nature.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55748 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can make these yourself!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good Grief! Which battle did they suffer through? Were there any survivors?
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spend it..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3340 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Distressed, I would be, trying to run away from all the cars that were running over me..
Pillar of the Community
United States
5370 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Traumatic post mint damage (PDM) This cent has exactly ONE wish left in it. Throw it over your right shoulder while making your wish into a fountain of your choice. Bonne chance!

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 247Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05