Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fun With Fedex Delivery

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 274Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  07:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I sent a bulk group of over 100 Canadian coins off to ICCS last week for grading. Basically a bunch of varieties and MS cameos.

On Friday evening I open the email that says the package has been delivered, which makes me happy, until I read that they left the package at the front door of ICCS's office (2nd floor of a multi tenant building open to the public). To make matters worse, ICCS's office is only open 8:30-12:30, package was delivered at 12:45. Now I am thinking this package is going to spend the weekend out in the open and ICCS is already closed and gone home.

I call Fedex, wait for 45 minutes on hold, talk to operator, she apologies, says this is not standard procedure etc... and that she will request the driver goes back to pick up the package (yeah right!).

Spent the weekend nervously pacing around thinking/googling how I can hold fedex accountable in case the coins are no longer there.

Finally, Monday morning comes around, after a few busy signals, I get through to ICCS. They have the package and told me they were quite surprised when they came back Friday afternoon, that something like that would be left in the open.

First time using fedex to send coins, not sure if I would want to do it again. This would have been a painful experience for me because the driver did not follow standard procedure (leave a notice on door). I did not indicate anywhere that I was ok with them leaving the package in open.

Pillar of the Community
United States
534 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fedex is NOT my preferred way of sending Anything Anywhere.

Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only trust / use DHL and Pocztex - all of the other couriers that I have dealt with have consistently demonstrated laziness, negligence and incompetence. I am not saying that the two I mentioned are perfect, but at least they operate to what I consider a reasonable standard.
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this is on you for not requiring a signature or some other more secure service they offer.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56122 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was your parcel insured?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4767 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  10:02 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a nerve racking experience. What in the Sam heck was that driver thinking. Really glad it worked out for you in the end.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think this is on you for not requiring a signature or some other more secure service they offer.

I disagree, I chose standard procedure, which according to fedex, is to leave a notice on the door and attempt redelivery if the business is closed/unavailable. Their description did not include, we will leave unsecured in a hallway over the weekend, I got lucky they came back. At least it wasn't left at street level, lol.

Quote:
insurance

Covered, but not for time spent finding all these different coins, that would have been the expensive/painful part. Trying to replace, would be doable, but not fun.

Anyways, sender beware.

It's funny, at home, they will only leave a notice, even if they get into the building, sometimes I don't even think they buzz, they just leave a notice at the door.
Edited by purelywasted
03/02/2021 11:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
534 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Among my worst experiences with fedex has to be the $54,000. check in an overnight envelope that I finally found in the bushes by the front door.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7071 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had the PO do this to me twice. One they left a package (First Class envelope) of coins strapped to the front "door" of my (typical) roadside mailbox.
They opened the door, put the envelope up against it, and put a large rubber band around it. The package was sent to me with signature verification. The mailman had signed it.

Had someone taken it, the PO had a record it was signed for and I would have had no way of getting anything out of it.

I did report the mailman's actions and she was required to give me a written apology - which was more a complaint about not wanting to trudge through the snow of my front yard to get to the door (I did have a cleared sidewalk, but you needed to go down the driveway a bit to access it and she was too lazy.

You would think once would be enough? Uh uh. Happened again. She kept her job somehow.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 274Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05