Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mysterious Five Dollar Note

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 362Next Topic  

Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  08:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Serenise to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, first time poster

Was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on a strange note I found. I work in banking and this note stood out immediately. I thought it might be fake so did the normal tests we would do to detect fakes but all seemed ok. It has all its correct markings under uv light. I'm not an avid collector but would love an opinion on if this is a genuine dye error. Ty in advance

Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Serenise to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh forgot to mention I just put the two notes side by side to show the diffference in color
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5249 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a misplaced teller's stamp.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
Australia
986 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not a fake note, I haven't see a fake 5 dollar note ever. Only a fake 5 pound note =).

I agree with Nevol looks like a note that was place on a ink pad and then a accident stamped.
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Serenise to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously I have no idea with this but the shape of the over dye is different on each side of the note and the edges of the darker color are so sharp, ie no blur. The whole note has a slightly darker pink color across the whole note. It's not overly important I just find it fascinating. Thanks for your input
Pillar of the Community
Australia
756 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At first I couldn't spot the differences, the tellers stamp is an irrelevant red herring and most of the 2 notes shown are the same colour.
Then I spotted the clearly different colouring on the reverse where it says five dollars, one is a pale mauve and the other has a bright pink colour. Did they modify the design or is it some error in the printing process?
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Serenise to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a mystery
Edited by Serenise
03/07/2021 01:28 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 362Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05