Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1954 $2 Banknote With An Interesting Serial Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 454Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1283 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  5:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A friend asked me if this note would have a collector's value of more than $2? and if so, approximately what it could be worth?

I think it does, but I am, not "in to" notes. so I post it here and ask for your help and any info offered.
Thank you all for your input

Pillar of the Community
Canada
9484 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is what is called a Two Digit Radar.
If it was in Uncirculated condition, it might be worth around $100.00
but the condition it is in would greatly devaluate it.
Most collectors want modern notes to be UNC.
Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed about condition vis a vis value, but definitely worth more than FV. If I were offering it commercially, I'd have it at the $25 or so mark.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56122 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds about right.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1056 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This particular note is $54.00 in VF-20 and $33.80 in F-12.
Edited by GMS5
03/03/2021 11:28 am
Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@GMS5, I don't know where you saw those values, but the Charlton rates Bouey-Raminsky K/G at FV right up to VF, at which point it becomes a whopping $3. This note would be worth FV if not for the RADAR serial no.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2786 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think GMS5 is referring to the value as radar notes, not regular ones. In this regard, the prices are within the guidelines for grading circulated radar notes. ie the value for Fine notes is 25% of the uncirculated price of a radar note ($150).
Edited by MoneyPenney
03/03/2021 9:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1283 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys for your input.
I listed the note starting it at $ 10
within an hour there were 3 offers, one for 15 the other 2 for 25.
I will see where it goes....
Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  02:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MoneyPenny - ya, I see that now - sorry did't read it like that. Although it would be nice to have a formula that makes convenient evaluation of RADARs possible, my experience is that because they are such an aesthetic / personal thing, the trends rarely reflect the structure.

@47P7 - These days, with COVID tax, I would not be surprised if this ended much nigher than under normal market circumstances. Let us know how it goes!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1056 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the link for where I got the Values I posted earlier.
$2 Non Devils Face, Bouey-Rasminsky signatures.
https://www.coinsandcanada.com/bank...adar&id_sn=3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1283 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can follow and Bid, just for fun
here it is
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/363311129220
at 26 as of now
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 454Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05