Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grade Assist On 1878-S Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 323Next Topic  

United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  6:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add smithersscope to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can I get a grade assist on this putative GEM BU Morgan, please?
Thanks in advance!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55872 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too much flashback to see surface details clearly.

to the CCF!
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smithersscope to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coinfrog. Let me try again. I need a better setup. Was trying an overhead direct light.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smithersscope to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, perhaps some better pics for your consideration:

Pillar of the Community
United States
9651 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at MS62 based on the first images
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
916 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55872 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No grade. Second set of images does not help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5445 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second set of photos suggest some proof like character but I can't tell whether surfaces are original. Best-case grade: MS-63 P-L. Worst case: MS details, cleaned or altered surfaces.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22016 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-62 and surfaces look original to me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1051 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First set of photos is better. I'll say MS-63.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smithersscope to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the feedback and grading!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this a weaker than normal strike for a 78(S). surface preservation is AVG- with quite a few marks, scuffs and scratches on both sides along with some dark marks above the area above the eagle. the coin may have been dipped but I'm ignoring that as the photos are not the best. luster broken on both sides. I dont think its bad enough to push it down to 62 so I'm at MS63
Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say MS-63
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 323Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05