Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1859 Large Cent Dp9 Variety

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 438Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1690 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  9:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I took a look at The Canadian Numismatic Company Auction last week found this 1859 DP9 variety. They only showed a picture of the obverse but with the die cracks they told me it was one of two different DP9's with this obverse, so I new I was getting one DP 9 in Mint State condition.

I put a good bid on it and won the auction here it is (I'm a Happy Camper)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you! A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification. I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like PC59-104, obverse 36 reverse 37a. R4

Nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
868 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3515 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ... I have a few of them, but certainly not that grade.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
637 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  05:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Papeldog very nice coin and interesting. Nice grade.

DP5? but interesting I see: broke large on 13 and 14. broke stem on 15. I have only 7 of this year and no one same.

I suggest to send for restoring, (some Verdi's come out) and preservation and a new cert slab. Very nice. NGC cert now for 7.95$ and 18$ restoration-preservation.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1690 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the comments everyone.

The coin is in a ICCS holder graded MS-62 and like 1960NYGiants has mentioned its a Haxby die pair PC59-104 36x37a with a rarity of 4 by the Haxby Rarity scale.

silviosi, yes the 5 has a little doubling all the numbers in the date have a little doubling, and like mentioned it could use a restoration touch up.
I try to find all the DP9's of 1859 and I did need this one. To get one in mint state condition was a very big bonus to me at a reasonable price. I'm not a real big fan of NCG and their grading system it will probably end up in a PCGS holder in the future.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
637 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Late answer: Not a big bonus a god gift at this price. Buy a 6/49
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 438Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05