Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1954 $20 Consecutive Notes Top Grades

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 342Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1273 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  10:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have these 2 notes for several years now. Maybe it time to sell them.
Not only are they cont. serial numbers, they are also in top MS grade
and, as a bonus, they can be read as birthday noted in different ways.
you can easily enlarge these.
any ideas what kind of $$$ I might expect?
Grades?
or should I have these graded?

Thanks all
H

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38494 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  04:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that the devils face type? Here is an idea on sold values

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-NOTE-LOT...154311168793

You can probably add a bit extra for the birthday SN.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
03/04/2021 04:29 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9398 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the Devils Face .
Hard to give a grade of paper currency from a photo but the value could be $75-80.00 each. I don't think it is worth getting them graded as the cost would eat up most of the profit.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1273 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JimmyD u are probably right.
I thought these were interesting notes with the BD options. However, one would have to be around my age.....grrrrrr
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8345 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anywhere from AU to MS64.
$50-$80 each.
You can't grade higher grade notes from photos.
You must grade them in hand looking along the surface of the note.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1273 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys,
It looks like having these graded would be wise.
who do you suggest? CCCS or, forgot his Co... as I am normally not into notes.
Or simply let ebay decide?
H
Edited by 47P7
03/04/2021 10:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1264 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BCS would be the best (& cheapest) but I agree with 'JimmyD.' 127,000,000 of these were printed so unless they're GEM UNC 66 "Original" or better, they won't fetch a huge amount of dough (so might not be worth the hasle/cost of grading IMO).

BTW: all banknotes (with the very rare exception of Euros) are issued with consecutive serial numbers- so nothing special there either. Nobody who collects currency gets overly excited about the normal SN stuff IMO. The only exception to this rule is the actual rare (10 or less) stuff.
Edited by walk2dwater
03/05/2021 5:51 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 342Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05