Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Roosevelt Dime Possible DD Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 383Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  11:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coin question to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys I need some help on this one I have a 1964
Roosevelt dime with some signs of dubbling.
I'm pretty new at this so I'máasking for a little help
on adviseing me on what I am really seeing.
I see dubbling on reverse in United States of America the
E*pluribus unum and in one dime...

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin question to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry one didn't load
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin question to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38494 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need close ups. Flatten those staples. Always remove coins from 2x2 holders before taking photos. No need for multiples of the same photo. You will need to filter your light source. Here is a good link on types of doubling http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/...Doubling.htm
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin question to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the advice ill post better pictures soon.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, and great question. For an odd reason the ten cent denomination has fascinated me since I started collecting back in the seventies. While I have the entire series by date/mint mark (along with the two series prior completed), I still do not consider myself an expert. That said, there are many varieties lurking within the Roosevelt series. Where most are confused when assessing a double die originates from the slight taper of the raised lettering and devices. The slightest shadow causes your eyes to tell your brain it is when it is not, which appears to be the case here. Still, a nice specimen for an album.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50080 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The glare is hiding what we need to see on the devices your looking at. If that area is flat, (MD) then it will reflect light from the light source. But here are what to look for on these:

There are two different DDRs and a normal image in the middle. The DDR shows the spread and enlargement of the devices. The devices on your coin looked normal from the image provided. This will give you a better I idea as what to look for on a DDR on that year.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin question to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks anging for the help guys.....tou are all awesome..

Coop what do you recommend or suggest I could use to maybe remove the the glare?

Hint....Hint.... software recommendation..
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 383Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05