Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Estate Lots (Yay Or Nay?)

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 2,042Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Australia
59 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only buy eBay lots if the photos are EXACTLY what you are getting. Zoom in on the pics and see if there are any decent coins in view. Any "random selections" or generic pics I avoid like the plague - those are usually 90% Malaysian/Indonesian/Philippines coins that are worth less than toe nail clippings.
Learn More...
United States
102162 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I only buy eBay lots if the photos are EXACTLY what you are getting.
Always good advice with any purchase, lots or single coins.

Stock photos.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As others have said, "unsearched" is unfortunately little more than a fantasy these days. I've had some luck with foreign lots in the past, but silver prices have really brought the swindlers out of the woodwork.
Valued Member
United States
301 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  03:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not to mention the rolls of coins with "enders" that they claim are unsearched shotgun rolls. They sell a tool to re crimp those shotgun rolls so don't be fooled.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1519 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'd be much better off telling me what you want to spend and I send you an estate sale box. I got so much stuff I could do this for months. I'll even write you an email with big flashy letters and a story about my family member that died.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Valued Member
Canada
59 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only ever bid on one "estate sale" listing on eBay. It was a Lot that I didn't win but, the point being, each lot had clear pictures of everything included in the Lot, no surprises and no fantasy hair raising claims of spectacular finds inside of them. (London Coin Center)

I love the idea of "grab bags" and the suspense in the hunt even when blind, but, I like not, "buyer's remorse", more.

I agree with the group... buyer beware in the extreme!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pre covid I used to use auctionzip.com a lot. Just plugged in my zip, and how far I wanted to drive. Came across the occasional estate sale that actually was one. Most coin auctions were other collectors consigning. Nothing wrong with that. But not as much fun. And impossible to find bargains.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59470 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Believe me, stay away from this sort of thing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1519 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send me $75 and I'll make a much better mystery box than this junk.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2021  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Andrew, do you do any listings in the selling forum?

I don't care for mystery bundles and I don't believe in "unsearched," but I don't mind buying lots of I know what I'm getting and it's what I expect when it arrives.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59470 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just garbage, the oldest scam on eBay. Please save your money.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 2,042Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05