Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With 1930 S Wheat Penny, Newbie From Laughlin.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 469Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  07:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add quequerre to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently started coin roll hunting and came across a 1930 S Wheat penny. My question is about the reverse of the coin. On the left hand side of the coin there seems to be an extra leaf. I have a 1933 and 1935 and neither of these coins have this. Any info would be great. Thank you

Edited by quequerre
03/04/2021 12:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please post large, sharp photos, thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9435 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Forum

Hard to say without photos, it could be damage, it could be an error.
As stated, a clear photo of both sides is required before anyone can help you.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56029 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4754 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As requested, good clear, cropped photos a must.

Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Explore and Enjoy!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9435 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the photos. Now we know what you are referring to.
That is damage, the edge of the wheat has taken a hit displacing the metal.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add quequerre to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, knowledge is power. I was hoping for error coin but, oh well (lol). Thank you so much for your input, I truly appreciate it. Have a great day and, happy hunting;-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With wheat stalks--on occasion--a die crack will extend from the outer edge of a stalk to the rim. If the crack is somewhat 'tall' it can be flatted over time (in circulation) and can appear something like what you have. Just one possibility.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1687 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I vote flattened die crack also. Not seeing any damage to the wheat stalk to move that much metal.
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add quequerre to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for your input, much appreciated ijn1944. If that were possibly the case with my coin would be worth anything to write home about? Or say to say not really? Thanks again;-)
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add quequerre to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worth anything in your opinion Rothery? Thank you for taking the time to comment, much appreciated;-)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1687 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That small of a crack won't add any extra value to what a circulated 30-S wheat is worth
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Learn More...
United States
98189 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9435 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After looking at the cent closer, I have to agree that a die crack makes more sense. No extra value either way.
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes most likely a crack in the die.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 469Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05