Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1959 D Lincoln Memorial Cent Mint Error - Smooth Face

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 868Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey TB. No clue as to what happened to this cent and the smooth surfaces but what does the mint mark look like? I know there are a bazillion RPM's for this one but your first couple of pics you originally posted look like something may possibly be there. Not sure..... and I'm sure you would have probably seen any resemblance of an RPM, but thought I'd just throw this out there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5366 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly is super polished. Bats, are you thinking this is a single coin episode or multiple coin event?

ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3217 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  12:17 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't really see anything going on with the mint mark. The end roll toner coin was RPM-001 (yes another one of those) but it's not super colorful.

All things are pointing to a single-coin event. Like this little bugger got itself stuck in a conveyor roller before popping back out to be with its friends. Just turned out to be kinda cool looking instead of just messed up.
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your ability to recognize errors is truly impressive. I'll admit freely that I wouldn't have caught that. What a neat little snowflake to learn about.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 868Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05