Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Middle Eastern Coins On Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 362Next Topic  
Valued Member
Russian Federation
203 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  8:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wanted to put my Iran coin on eBay, but the site forbids it. This is not the first time I have encountered such a problem. Can you advise how you can circumvent these rules and still put it up for sale?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18366 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put 250 quality posts on the CCF, Forum and you can offer them here, on the CCF.

You may post a picture of it here on the CCF right now, but you can't offer it for sale just yet.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3059 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2469 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  06:56 am  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually describe them as Persian, collectors know to look for that. Also you can't post "Cuban" coins so a workaround is needed.
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bjherbison to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some sellers just put the year and denomination and don't specify the country. Some split the country name (I've seen
"SU DAN" and "I R A K").

One seller of Cuban coins gave Aruba as the country and the first image was Aruba, but the second and third images were the Cuban coin. (But the denomination in the title was of the actual coin.)

Pretend you are a buyer looking for these coins -- what would you search for? That should tell you what to use in your description.
Australia
23 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll need to list them on a non-US owned site due to current embargo.

Even if you don't use the country name, it is likely that other sellers will report your listing.

Currently the BAN list is: Cuba, Crimea, Iran, Syria, and North Korea (Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea).

Personally, I just put those coins aside in a box and check every few months to see if embargo has lifted.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add newguy22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why does ebay ban the sail of coins from Iran?
Australia
23 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Iran broke the terms of the 2015 Nuclear deal by exceeding uranium enrichment limits and limiting UN inspectors access to their nuclear sites.

As a result, the US placed a range of economic sanctions on Iran until they get back into compliance with the agreement.

This embargo therefore applies to all US Owned/Operated companies, which includes eBay and Facebook Marketplace.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 362Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05