Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Going After The Elusive 1895 S Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 644Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  01:49 am Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am by no means a rich person, But I want to get one that is slabbed.

Any thoughts on how to go about this? It is the only one missing from my collection.

This is the last one.

The market is crazy on this one, most of the coins look like they have been run over by a car several times.

I'm trying to find one that is white, no toning.

I don't want to go below an F
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Edited by farrider11
03/06/2021 1:36 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38494 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3593 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have your work cut out. Hope for the best.
Pillar of the Community
United States
534 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  08:12 am  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For Grading and actual price I have been using Great Collections.

There online auction history tool really has a ton of info.

Also on higher end items peace of mind from a reputable seller is a must.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2894 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Open up your search to eBay, online dealers like Gerry Fortin Coins or DLRC, Collectors Corner, GC, Heritage, coin shows. To get a nice one for grade, you are going to pay a premium.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5872 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just keep watching the auctions and dealer websites ..... and prepare to pony up when the right coin appears.

Good luck!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would consider this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/1895-S-Mor...383999799843
John1

Yea I looked at it, and it PCGS books for $450, I just hate paying over book because book is over priced anyways LOL.

I know I will have to pay to get something decent, It is just a shame to use it as a filler, but I guess that would finish the set and be done with it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
915 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yea I looked at it, and it PCGS books for $450, I just hate paying over book because book is over priced anyways LOL.

I know I will have to pay to get something decent, It is just a shame to use it as a filler, but I guess that would finish the set and be done with it.

Same coin, less eBay fees: https://www.coastcoin.com/items/209095/
You could email Coast-to-Coast coins and make an offer if you think $450 is still too high.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2986 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be patient and watch the auctions. A few nice, problem-free VF specimens sold for under $500 at Heritage over the past year.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would be patient and watch the auctions. A few nice, problem-free VF specimens sold for under $500 at Heritage over the past year.

I forgot about them, they have an office here in Dallas, I bought a 1883 CC from them years ago.

Thanks for reminding me.
Edited by farrider11
03/06/2021 4:07 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 644Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05