Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have A Question About A 1958 D Lincoln Cent. The 8 In 1958, Is It Post MI

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 364Next Topic  

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  11:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TechCH to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TechCH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I guess I didn't get all of my question submitted. Is the 8 just from circulation or is it from mint this way?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55923 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is circulation damage.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3055 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just displaced metal. From a hit
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TechCH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again. Is there a way to determine that on my own so I'm not posting questions that may be wasting people's time
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3055 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We have seen a coin like this before
Edited by keith12
03/06/2021 12:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1669 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We have seen a coin like this before

Some used to say it was caused by a coin wrapping machine but now the stock answer is it was caused by a vending machine mechanism that pushed the metal of the last digit parallel to the rim.

A possible "culprit".......

EDIT: Forgot picture
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Edited by Rothery
03/06/2021 2:59 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16938 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100% PMD

Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 364Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05