Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flip Over Double Strike Error? Lincoln Cent 1992

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 2,857Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
4412 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well for a coin that has a value of 1 cent this post has kicked up some interesting "conversation". Now we all can see why it's best to post questionable coins outside of their flips/2x2s....
HendoCoins...as far as coinfrog goes, he has multiply years of collecting behind him and is from an age when "you call them as you see them" no sugar coating. Some people can understand/deal with it....others don't. Troll he is not, maybe just bored (feeling grouchy) tonight, after all, with covid still around I'd bet his family still has him locked down in the living room and still kicking around that head of lettuce for exercise for almost a year now...Sorry Bruce just love that response you left many many moons ago...

HendoCoins... to CCF good luck on future finds, have fun..and sorry...spend that cent...but don't forget glue + coins does not equal an error coin...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
1618 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Hendo My comment was not made in reference to anything you or other members have said or gotten into. I'm staying clear of any of that lol. Just giving my assessment of the coin and trying to keep things confined to that. Happy to help!
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  01:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HendoCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you greasy fingers I am new here and have A lot to learn I will take your word for it and I am thankful for all the replies I got here and will try my best to have better judgement in the future.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38959 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HendoCoins,
to CCF. Your coin is not a mint error. It looks to be some kind of adhesive. Might be Elmer's glue or what I think, epoxy resin. If you do not believe us will you believe a TPG? You can always send it in to be graded and slabbed for a fee.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  04:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HendoCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1 thanks for your input I don't doubt any of your opinions as to why I came here in the first place I just had my own judgement and want other opinions but you all brought up great points I'll try water first then if it doesn't come off I will send it off to a TPG thank you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3162 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  05:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would think if the second strike is off center, the coin should look something like this
Pillar of the Community
United States
1923 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The glue has formed a protective barrier. That's why it's nice and shinny underneath. The glue has prevented air & moisture from oxidizing the copper plating at the same rate as the rest of the coin that you call unplated. The unplated part is just environmental toning You can clearly see the design & devices under the glue as the glue dries clear.
Sorry but that's all it is. Glue

Edited by jasper62
03/07/2021 06:27 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4125 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Soaking in acetone is generally good advice, but not everything comes off in acetone. However, it is clearly a substance adhering to the coin. whether it comes off in acetone or not.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21266 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
based on my opinion I never said it was a guaranteed error I came here for opinions only

Yes, you most certainly did....

Quote:
This is a legit die struck error and I came here for honest opinions not negativity.

Also HendoCoins, please answer the question I asked on page 1.... If this truly is a double strike, explain to us how it's a mirror image.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
736 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
25 to 35 deg side photo will resolve the problem. If on 90 deg the glue is transparent, at the degrees I mention will be a white powdered concentration and problem resolved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1923 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
25 to 35 deg side photo will resolve the
problem

No more pictures are requested or needed as there is not a problem in explaining what glue is. I'm not real sure why this is so hard to understand. It's glue plain & simple

Quote:
The glue has formed a protective barrier. That's why it's nice and shinny underneath. The glue has prevented air & moisture from oxidizing the copper plating at the same rate as the rest of the coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
1337 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As the World turns, these are the days of our lives...

In chapter one, we find ...
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hendo, the culture of this entire forum is get right to the facts and not waste a posters time. Sometimes that reads a bit rough, but I too would like to assure you that Coinfrog is in the business of educating, not trolling.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8521 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(Funny, everyone here knows what's coming next) I am NO "HIM", it's Ms. to you!

Look Les, you're just popular.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 2,857Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05