Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1897 Canadian 1 Cent

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 60 / Views: 3,317Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner yes I has a calibater for my scales. the coin weight kept going between 5.79 and 5.8. There is a reason why the coin is bigger. I will get back to you guys later.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
933 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ rocky Hope find at a good price and be precisely to ask for multilayer XRF, if possible with SDD30 and adjustable ceramic window.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3695 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry, but I have had about all I can take of this "look what I've found now" thread. I will no longer partake in these high magnification and frighteningly "unbelievable" discoveries. You two seem to be able to talk to each other, so you can discuss among yourselves.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner please you are needed here. I hope you come back. okiecoiner question have you ever seen. one of these proof set from the 1800s. if so was you able to get a real close look at the coins. I would like to know your thoughts.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3695 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will always be a member of a number of coin sites. I just won't take any journey with a thread that meanders past believability. And I don't collect proof coins. I like AU coins that have been in people's hands and the history behind them and for me anyway, I don't believe in TPG's of any kind.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Queen Victoria has a tear in her eye. here is the image
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another image
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this coin is a show coin. the flat surface is all painted white. all the letters and beads are wrapped in a gold thin sheave. this is a coin that has been shown in a show.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i can not imagine how some one could wrap gold around all these letters and beads.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a very nice coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a weak strike or a blockage. what are your thoughts thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3695 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rocky, I don't see any white or gold wrap on any of your pics. The gold slash through a leaf stem is from something external scratching through the toned/dirty surface to show the underlying bronze metal. I see nothing at all concerning the "D" from somewhere on a dirty coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner yes you are right. what ever it was it had teeth shaped like reeded. that is the mark left behind. wow your eyes wow. I purchase a lens glass just added it to my glass. here is and image of a coin. given to me from a dealer. as a bonus for doing business with him. a very nice nickle
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2142 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is a 1897 penny not sure what this is. there appears to be 2 different metals. I am not sure how that would work. I like to here your thoughts thank you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3695 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As in your previous queries, you photograph, at very high magnification, bronze large cents that are heavily environmentally toned. Sometimes they are almost black. Your 1897 here is a normal bronze large cent that has been heavily abraded either by cleaning or some manner of rubbing and those areas are reflecting light from your high intensity lighting. Or your coin has been environmentally stained leaving the white or light areas and your overexposure lighting is reflecting off the light areas. You have the coin in-hand. What do you think either stained the coin or somehow removed the dark brown/black color. I'm not sure where you have been getting your coins, but they all are just plain bronze large cents that are heavily darkened by environmental exposure and then attempted to be cleaned. Can you post a normal photo of the coin in normal lighting?
Edited by okiecoiner
05/26/2021 4:30 pm
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 60 / Views: 3,317Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05