Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Uncirculated 2007 George Washington Commemorative Coin Extremely Rare Color

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 585Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  9:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just opened this roll of George Washington commemorative coins and can't find an error like this anywhere, appears green to the eye but under the loupe appears more black...what could cause this?

Learn More...
United States
19129 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@zill, first welcome to CCF. Second, toning or surface discoloration isn't usually considered a mint error, unless it is due to a mistake with the metal composition/mixing. I suspect that the green and black highlights on your coin came from some sort of chemical exposure.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was out of an uncirculated roll
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56612 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Environmental toning of some sort. Mint does not offer uncirculated rolls.

to the CCF!
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, I did not realize this
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still learning... is every commemorative coin a mint? I mainly collect morgans
Pillar of the Community
United States
5610 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
is every commemorative coin a mint?

Not sure what exactly what you are asking. Try again, please.

And I agree with the above, comments, environmental toning/staining/discolourization.

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38825 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF Zilliz81. In future posts please crop and rotate photos properly before posting...thanks.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A coin that comes in this roll is circulated
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3133 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by keith12
03/07/2021 1:56 pm
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm really sorry for misunderstanding, but I did receive this roll unopened and apparently uncirculated, is this company of false pretext? When I opened it they are all 2007-D coins as well
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Presidential One Dollar coins were issued in large numbers by Philadelphia and Denver each year from 2007 through 2011. Because of the overabundance of these coins in storage (not many U.S. folks use them, although they circulate freely in some other places, including Ecuador), mintage was sharply reduced starting in 2012. The series ended after the Ronald Reagan dollar was issued in 2016, but (temporarily) resumed with the George H. W. Bush dollar in 2020.

The 2007-D roll you bought was not issued by the U.S. Mint. Saying it is a B.U. roll may be a stretch, to say the least, based on your photos.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for that knowledge
Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 585Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05