Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 D - Lincoln Close AM

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 775Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  10:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey Friends,

I need help to identify if this is genuinely a Close AM or die damage?

Thanks!

United States
48 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Christian18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty sure that's a wide AM. The close positioning of the designer's initials give it away.
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Christian, so it's double struck then, that's why the AM are touching?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2803 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  01:14 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's just a regular Wide AM.

And no, it is not double struck. There is a hint of Die Deterioration Doubling that might make it look a tad closer, but it's just an illusion.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The concept of maturity is complex. While one's capacity to be mature can be correlated with age, someone's overall maturity and respect for life is not. Maturity is formed through experience and perception.
Human progress can only be achieved through trial and error.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
586 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with all wide AM. Nice in your coin is DD. A double date like this is nice to see.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2803 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  04:58 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silviosi, this is not a doubled die.

Just DDD.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The concept of maturity is complex. While one's capacity to be mature can be correlated with age, someone's overall maturity and respect for life is not. Maturity is formed through experience and perception.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38421 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  04:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a doubled die and not a close AM. Looks like DDD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
586 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SilverCents, sorry miss understand on DD. Me I say DD to repunched-date of a die, which is not DDO or DDR varieties. Sorry, here is the link http://www.error-ref.com/repunched-date/

Silvio
Pillar of the Community
United States
2803 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  05:32 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silviosi, repunched dates do not occur on Lincoln Cents are far as I know. They only appear on earlier specimens.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
586 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  06:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, very usefully to know. I read all their website and many others but nowhere is mentions the periods. Thanks again SilverCent.
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  06:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, not a close AM. Appears to be split plating on the mint mark, along with traces of Die Deterioration.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38421 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Re-punched date would be= RPD, double mint mark would be= RPM, over mint mark would be= OMM.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we get an image (close up) of the designers initials?
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for delay friends. Here is the zoom pic of the initials only.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a Wide AM no doubt. One of the other key visual markers for Close AM is to look at the position of the A in STATES. A CAM will show the right leg of the letter A noticeable closer to the post of the letter T directly to its right. There will be a smaller gap between the A and the T in this area. With that said, this means there will be a larger gap between the left leg of the A and the post of the letter T directly to its left. A WAM, which you have, the letter A is directly and proportionally positioned between the two T's. Kinda like this visual CAM= T AT WAM= TAT
Edited by Scuba1
03/08/2021 1:26 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 775Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05