Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1977 Washington Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 259Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  02:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jimmytol21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Yesterday I found this quarter that seemed rare, I found an extra number 7 in between 1977, someone please tell me if I discovered a new error. Thank you.
Edited by jimmytol21
03/08/2021 02:54 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38462 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Need better, in focus and properly rotated photos to help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2805 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  05:00 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a scratch to me.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The concept of maturity is complex. While one's capacity to be mature can be correlated with age, someone's overall maturity and respect for life is not. Maturity is formed through experience and perception.
Human progress can only be achieved through trial and error.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3554 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, better photos needed. As it stands, I'm not seeing a true extra 7--just a mark/hit/ding/gouge of some sort.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55773 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharp right-side up pic please.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49990 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it were caused by the die, guess what? It would be raised. If it were caused as an extra '7', guess what? Where are all the other devices. A single device since 1908 is not round doubled as the dies are created with the full design (except for the mintmarks, until 1990, since then all the devices are on the chain of command) so the missing other devices would have to be a set of, not just a single incuse mark. What is the chain of command?

If is how dies are created. From the design coming down from the top. The master hub, creates the two master dies. The master dies create the Working hubs. The working hubs create the dies. Any doubling above the die level will create issues down through the chain of command. Master hub doubling will create all the dies the same way that year. Master die doubling can affect 50% of the coins that year. A doubled working hub can create several working dies with the same hub doubling. A miss hub process on the working die will create a single doubled die. It all comes down from the top. The chain of command.

CoopHome: What is the chain of command?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
03/08/2021 8:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5370 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As ijn1944 said above, what you have from the looks of things is a coin what some sort of mark or ding, but an extra 7? No. Simply, this is post mint damage ( PMD), no mint error, sorry.

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimmytol21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you everyone for your advise I really love the appreciate the knowledge in this group and I'máproud to be part of it. I will try to up load a better pic
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 259Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05