Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Wide Must The Space Be Between A M In A WAM Specimen

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 347Next Topic  

United States
25 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CHB to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Most I see are touching what is considered a true WAM

Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Canada
600 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To day is second time I post this: http://www.error-ref.com/mismatched..._proof_dies/

Wide is the almost same then M and E. and do not forgot, only 3 years have this 1998-2000
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49990 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The distance is not between the A-M, but rather the location of the 'M' between the A&E. On the wide AM, the 'W' is centered between the A&E. on the close AM, the 'M' is off center to the left. There are only 2 choices. Centered or off to the left. The distance doesn't matter. Centered or off to the left. Take another look at the M and you will see what I'm talking about.
Note on the image below. Is the 'M' centered or off to the left?
Also the 'A' on States. Centered or off the right?

CoopHome : Wide AM or close AM. How to tell.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
03/09/2021 10:02 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
600 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know Coop and I agree with you. For the new prospectors on this topic I can explain why. Like one of my previous post; because to tell in the same times center, off-center make the humans mixt themselves. Just a basic indication and then, them self to look more deep in the subject. I give the link which speak him-self. Sorry 26 years professional default: " put your self in the skin of the patient".
Edited by silviosi
03/09/2021 01:07 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
edit
Edited by Scuba1
03/09/2021 12:46 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
600 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scuba1 I changed, it is OK?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5370 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  03:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know what all the above is about, but listen the coop above. It is really about the spacing of the letters, as coop has said. If you see the A and the M touching, most likely its not the wide version. Search for photos showing the wide vs the close. Once you see the difference, you'll not forget it.

ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
1352 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  09:20 am  Show Profile   Check Kloccwork419's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Kloccwork419 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once you find a Wide AM, you'll know. Its not even close to touching, its centered where it should be. Look at other dates to compare or click on WAM.
Edited by Kloccwork419
03/09/2021 09:21 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Merclover, sorry if there was any confusion on my part I added to this post, totally unintentional and I apologize. I typed a reply to this post in the wee hours of the morning (I think) while attempting to insert a quote. I was half asleep and went back to try to "edit" my response because it would not post the comment I had quoted. My computer did something funky and I inadvertently deleted my entire comment and did not feel like redoing it so I just typed the word 'edit' and left it at that and went to bed. NO disrespect to anyone. Please understand. Thanks!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 347Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05