Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

An Ohio Gunsmith C/S On An 1854 Seated Quarter

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,065Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3857 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BallyHoo .... My pleasure. I'm pleased to see the enthusiasm for this sort of post.

I'll shoot to post another gunsmith posting next week.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2021  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll shoot to post another gunsmith posting next week.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2021  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guns are cool
Pillar of the Community
United States
858 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice story! Here's what happened to William Packard.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
03/19/2021 3:19 pm
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's what happened to William Packard.
Thank you for sharing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3857 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks & kudos, DoctorBurnzy, for closing the case!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2332 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it turned out alright for William Pachard!

Not so much for William Allen ( listed below Pachard), 10 years for horse stealing! Different times. 3 years for manslaughter but 10 for horse stealing.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Different times. 3 years for manslaughter but 10 for horse stealing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3857 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
3 years for manslaughter but 10 for horse stealing

Yeah, but horses were a necessity back then. Come to think of it, didn't some monarch once offer his kingdom for a horse?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1986 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"The homicide was accidental, and committed with a horsewhip."

Accidental horsewhip homicide? By a gunsmith?

I'm having almost a reverse Indiana Jones moment here . . .
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yeah, but horses were a necessity back then. Come to think of it, didn't some monarch once offer his kingdom for a horse?
Well played, sir!

Quote:
"The homicide was accidental, and committed with a horsewhip." Accidental horsewhip homicide? By a gunsmith? I'm having almost a reverse Indiana Jones moment here . . .
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,065Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05