Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963 Hanging Cent? *

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 775Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
175 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2021  09:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is it just me or is there something extra on the 3?

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59170 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2021  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bit of circulation flattening? Please be more specific about what you see.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
Canada
175 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2021  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought I'm seeing some type of ridge above the 3 extending to the leaf however it's extremely faint and these were the best pics I could get unfortunately. Was just curious as to if anyone else could see anything. Thanks for your reply coinfrog!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
945 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see it, but it is pretty minor if it is truly present, the 1963 hanging 3 is pretty common and more sought after in higher grade. Good for a collection if you are just starting out but not worth more then face value in that condition.
Aggressively searching Canadian Small Cents on a daily basis since 2018.

Some of my Discoveries.
1941 George VI 1 Cent DDO http://goccf.com/t/367977
1976 Queen Elizabeth II 1 Cent DDO http://goccf.com/t/373627
1970 Queen Elizabeth II 1 Cent DDR http://goccf.com/t/364301
1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Valued Member
Canada
175 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2021  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome! Thanks John that's perfect as it's only for my personal collection! I will look for more pronounced versions in the future ofc!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
536 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2021  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What you are seeing is a ridge caused by the dies hitting each other with no blank between them. This error is sometimes referred to as a flag over the 3. It is from the curve of the Queen's chin and neck. It looks like this on high grade coins.

Valued Member
Canada
175 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2021  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Terry for your photo and valued information!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
933 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinman91, here I put a nice link who explain very nice the hanging 1 cent between 1953 and 1964:

http://www.saskatooncoinclub.ca/art...ging_det.jpg

Hope this will help for now and further resource,
Valued Member
Canada
175 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Silviosi! This is the link I used originally however I prefer to have some other opinions validate what I'm thinking I see most times. Definitely an excellent reference though.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 775Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05