Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Numised's Whitman 20th & 21st Century Type Set

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,406Next Topic
Page: of 4
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just noticed that Whitman updated the album. This is my 3rd page.
Looking good!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure, I think they just added the American Innovation Dollar. My album has 41 holes.

I have 40 holes, so the American Innovation must have been the last coin they added.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This weekend I finished the Cents subset of my Whiteman 20th & 21st Century Type set.
Typically, the top row is MS65RD, except the steel cent that comes from a BU roll. The bottom row is all PR69DCAM.

It was rather difficult to get a good overview pic using my cell phone. Had to reduce exposure by 0.5 EV. The coins are just too shiny and the sun is fully out today as well
And I got the 1909 VDB Cent:

Edited by NumisEd
03/21/2021 4:27 pm
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This weekend I finished the Cents subset of my Whiteman 20th & 21st Century Type set.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As promised, here is a photograph of my just-finished Nickel Type subset.
The grade of the 1911 Liberty Head and 1938 Jefferson nickel is PR64, the 1942 War Time Jefferson is PR66 and the final two coins are PR69DCAM.

Buffalo nickel (MS65) before entering it into the album:

Edited by NumisEd
04/07/2021 5:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!! The westward series should be a bison though
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice!! The westward series should be a bison though

There already is Bison/Buffalo in the set...
Besides, I really like the keelboat.
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As promised, here is a photograph of my just-finished Nickel Type subset.
Impressive!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decided to bite the bullet last week and buy a nice 1923 Peace dollar in MS65 condition instead of spending a fortune on a much lower grade 1921.
It arrived today and with that the Dollar subset is completed.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, were is the SLQ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The SLQ is waiting until the entire Quarter subset is completed. Then, all the quarters will go into the album at once.
I don't want to move the slides more than once. Less chance at damage that way.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up ordering the 1859 IHC. I asked and they have a few other SLQ. Hopefully I can get one as nice as yours! Thanks again for the link!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem! Looking forward seeing your IHC posted.
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Decided to bite the bullet last week and buy a nice 1923 Peace dollar in MS65 condition instead of spending a fortune on a much lower grade 1921. It arrived today and with that the Dollar subset is completed
Outstanding!
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chattman3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is interesting. Thanks for sharing NumisEd!

I just got this Whitman 20th/21st Century type album. Any recommendations for someone just starting out on this set?

My current plan is to start filling it in with coins I already have, and then upgrade & fill in as opportunities arise.
Edited by chattman3
04/28/2021 09:27 am
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,406Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05