Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Coin Storage Conversion Has Started From Whitman Folders To Dansco Album

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,382Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depends on your point of view... is 51 old?

I got my first Dansco album Christmas 1984 when the 70s were not that far in the rear-view.
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add classic_coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be fair, I'm 46. I remember those Dansco albums from my youth, too. But dang, do I think they're ugly. Really need a redesign, IMO. But I'm also anti-whatever you officially call albums like that, anyway. They always looked cheap to me.
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To each their own.

If the gold script is ugly, you could always get blank binders and put your own lettering on them. That will not help the ugly brown though.

Probably should just stick to your preferred storage method.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3948 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a paid endorsement--I do like my Danscos, several dozen of 'em.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not a paid endorsement--I do like my Danscos, several dozen of 'em.

same here, I think they are far better then the Whitman folders I had been using.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think they are far better then the Whitman folders I had been using.
Like you, my Dansco albums were preceded by Whitman folders. Oh, the days.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok, my progression switching over so far.

First my old Whitman folders

My during phase of getting the Dansco albums. (a repost from the beginning of this thread.)

And now my after photo all albums of modern coins represented here - except for the Kennedy halves, which will be here on Monday.
All the Dansco albums include a spot for proofs. I plan on having all the proofs even in the spots that don't say Proof.

I do plan to get the Older albums as well.. But I need time to transfer my coins to the new ones I already have.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks.. (and very expensive, too) But my coins are worth it
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, my First Dansco Quarter album is complete (almost - one hole for a 1979-S Var II is in the mail) This album includes all clad and silver proofs from 1955 includes the 1965, 66, and 67 SMS to 1998 (where proof coins were minted - that is).

Now to move on to the next Quarter album w/ proofs 8143, 44, 45, 46, and 47.

In the meantime, my Cent, Nickel, Dimes, and JFK Halves are being populated with what I already have on hand..

Edited by Dearborn
04/19/2021 9:32 pm
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the 1979-S Var II quarter came in. it is a 'clear S' variety. it's in the album and it is finished. (at least until I start to upgrade the circulated coins for a better grade..)

This is the final hole filler:
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well the 1979-S Var II quarter came in. it is a 'clear S' variety. it's in the album and it is finished.
Outstanding!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,382Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05