Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

April 2021 Releases - Equinox Behind Us, Spring Is In The Air

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 4,750Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6783 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can't seem to find/view any of them on their site...how about some links next time...

They are not yet available for non-Masters Club members. Access for the general public should be next Tuesday if the typical RCM schedule holds.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2852 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For smaller items, it is often cheaper to buy from the RCM as most online vendors charge some form of shipping and the PST from the RCM combined with Masters Club free shipping can be less than no PST with paid shipping.... obviously in the case of the gold tiara coin this situation is reversed.

The cutoff price point is $100 for BC coin collectors because shipping is between $6.50 and $7.50 if you order from Gatewest or Colonial Acres. Because PST is 7%, savings from avoiding PST covers the shipping costs of dealers, in effect giving you "free" shipping. Anything over $100 is cheaper buying from dealers outside of BC. The further away from $100 the bigger the savings.

Yes, the benefit from buying from the RCM is free shipping for smaller items.
But the problem is most coins 1 oz and above are over $100. For the April release not a single coin is below $100. Coins less than $100 are 1/2 oz coins, circulations coins, and keepsake items. Rather a limited selection.
You could always add these low value items to more expensive coins to get "free" shipping.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
648 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you Looney4Numi but on the RCM site it states it is bronze plated so is this not an embellishment? I had to pay tax on the MC coin last month that was gold plated. What is the difference?

That brings us to the partially plated vs. fully plated dilemma. The astrolabe is pure silver and bronze plated (thanks for the info). It is not an embellishment and remains at 99.99% purity, according to RCM (just confirmed it). Therefore, it is not taxed.

Most partially plated coins, like the 2021 5oz Maple Leaves in Motion coin, for example, are not taxed if the purity remains above 99.95%.

The MC Iconic Maple Leaves coin is fully plated (supposedly decreasing the purity) and therefore is taxed, according to their silly rules.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
648 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it makes sense to me for the Tiara to be taxable... It is clearly not an investment metal coin... not with diamonds, pearls, swarovski attached. It is also clear that the astrolabe is in the same category as not meeting the standard of a high purity PM that can double as an investment.

Since the astrolabe is pure silver with a bit of bronze plating, it remains above 99.95% purity.

It is not considered an embellishment and is therefore not taxable.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
526 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of the discussion on taxable vs. non-taxable is to some extent moot... As of this afternoon the Platinum Maple Leaves, The Gold Tiara and the Astrolabe coins are sold out at the mint. The Multilayered cougar is showing 84% sold.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2852 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  03:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
CC&C just released notice as well and they are stating that the QEII silver coin is tax exempt

CC&C has since removed the tax exemption from the QE Tiara coins. If you put the gold Tiara in the cart you are taxed. But they still have some glitches with calculating the tax. The tax was $548; the amount for BC PST. Which is incorrect; should be only 5% for GST.
Edited by MoneyPenney
03/31/2021 03:48 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
547 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up the Multilayered Cougar coin. Very nice rendition of the Cougar in its natural habitat. 90% sold atm. I would expect it to be sold out very soon. Seen it for sale on other site for over double asking price.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
648 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Multilayered Cougar coin now "awaiting stock."
Pillar of the Community
Canada
547 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Multilayered Cougar coin now "awaiting stock."

Well, That was sooner than expected. Got it in the nick of time.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2852 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, That was sooner than expected. Got it in the nick of time.

Sold out now.

Actually took longer than expected since my rep said it would sell out yesterday.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
526 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update... Sold Out:
- Platinum Maple Leaves
- Gold Tiara
- Astrolabe
- Multilayer Cougar

75% Sold:
- White tailed deer

More info:
- Limited Edition Special Wrap 50cent roll is a reimagine of the initial 1937 design including KGVI obverse with "ET IND:IMP"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
526 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Further Update - per RCM Site:

78% Sold:
- White Tailed Deer

75% Sold:
- Limited Edition Special Wrap 50cent roll

I would imagine that both will sell out fairly quickly next week when they go on general release.
Valued Member
Canada
303 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2021  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was RCM MC PP and this year dropped down a couple levels. I did receive regular emails from my rep, but now they are almost non-existent. It was that all my ordering went through the rep, but if I don't get emails then I'm just going to order on the RCM web site. Anyone have anything like this happen? An RCM order that I submitted online on Mar 31, received the email right after the order was submitted. Went back to the RCM web site Apr 2 and there no sign of the order? Almost looks like the order was deleted. I thought, no problem, I'll just reorder. Except there is a quantity limit applied if I try to reorder and I can't submit an order the same as the original. Weird the order would disappear. I see the order charge on my CC as pending.

EDIT - 5 hours after typing this, the missing order reappeared. That was strange.
Edited by rjlavoie
04/02/2021 12:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6783 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2021  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rjlavoie: Seems like a phone call to the RCM is in order. I would contact them immediately!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
303 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2021  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems : Thanks. If it wasn't a holiday I would have. Oddest thing that the order reappeared. Perhaps they were taking advantage of the holiday and the early morning hours to do some work on their systems.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 4,750Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: