Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Box Of 2021 Pennies From Bank

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 306Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  4:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add brcacti to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I got two boxes today to my surprise all uncirculated 2021D pennies. How do I avoid those, I want to get all dates and treasure hunt?
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings and

If you haven't already opened all the rolls, you might want to tuck away some for the future. At some point there will be buyers looking for what they call "BU rolls" of that date and mint. The Greysheet guide has the "buy" price for 2017 P and D BU rolls at $1.00 and $.90 cents each roll (the most recent date covered). That means, you should be able to double your money or more in a couple of years.

Hanging on to some rolls that cost face value also means that, in time, there might be varieties or errors of value attributed that make the roll worth even more. Some rolls, like the 1986s, go for crazy money (bid=$20-30 each!). An unopened bank box of those is now worth $500-750. Can't guarantee that will happen for yours.

I am hanging on to a full box of uncirculated pennies for that reason from 2012 or 2013. They have almost doubled in value, which the same as about earning 8% interest. At the very least I still have $25.

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56864 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like pretty good advice.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I got two boxes today to my surprise all uncirculated 2021D pennies. How do I avoid those, I want to get all dates and treasure hunt?

Next time ask the teller if they have customer wrapped rolls or local bank re-wrapped ones. It's ok to let them know you are looking for older coins. One warning though, you may get rolls with spacers made of wood chips (I have) and you just have to take the hit. On the bright side, I've gotten rolls with dimes as spacers as well. Good luck.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1946 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
all uncirculated 2021D pennies.

UGH! Searching Shield Cents gets so monotonous
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  02:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always celebrate finding UNC rolls....but I totally understand the desire for a smorgasboard. Hope you find some nice ones :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 306Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05