Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New $2 Coin To Be Released Into Circulation

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 3,252Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1138 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2021  03:51 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coaster haven't see a 2 dollar indigenious service coin yet, been through a lot of coins.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1880 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2021  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not yet - was it meant to be circulating? I'm loosing track.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1138 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes it was meant to be circulating, but my guess it that's been changed note I'm not basing this off anything official just that I haven't seen it in circulation nor has the RAM website been updated to show these as circulating. I don't think the rotary coins will be circulating either, but at this point I be happy if there was a little less commemorative coloured $2 coins (too many as it is).
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah they confirmed early on the rotary coin wasn't going to be circulation.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
704 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I be happy if there was a little less commemorative coloured $2 coins (too many as it is).

Totally agree even though there are some really nice designs amoung them.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5289 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1880 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yeah they confirmed early on the rotary coin wasn't going to be circulation.

Ah right - might be getting my wires crossed because I thought it was meant to circulate.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
704 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  02:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ah right - might be getting my wires crossed because I thought it was meant to circulate.

Well, these days, it's not easy to keep track on what is supposed to ''circulate'' and what not...
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1880 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed - I'm working on a book to try and focus what is in and out but it's easy to fall behind.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
979 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been a few months now since I last asked but has anyone yet come across a 2021 $2 Indigenous Military Service coin in the wild yet?

I'll be interested to see what the mintage numbers are so far when the RAM's Annual Report is released later this month.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3393 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found a couple of the indigenous $2 and a complete set of the Tokyo Olympics.

That said, I have only found one Qantas dollar coin.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Australia
9 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add notsosqueezy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was at the Noosa Farmers Market three weeks ago(last weekend in Sept.) and three of the stalls gave out the Indigenous Military Service Two Dollar coins in change.
They all said they got $50 bags from the bank (all IMS $2) on the Friday before the market.
They were happy to give me extras after purchasing food.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
979 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That said, I have only found one Qantas dollar coin

I'm not seeing these either!

Quote:
I was at the Noosa Farmers Market three weeks ago(last weekend in Sept.) and three of the stalls gave out the Indigenous Military Service Two Dollar coins in change.

Sounds promising ... hopefully it won't be too much longer before they make their way down to the Gold Coast!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
973 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, got 2 IMS coins from the free dress money yesterday. Princetane - will send 1 across next week along with the Paralympics coin I've been sitting on. :-)
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  03:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That para olympics coin must be pretty warm by now
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 3,252Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: