Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Roll Hunting In Australia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 523Next Topic  
Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  7:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any other Aussies here that like coin roll hunting?

I recently starting hitting up the local banks for 50 cent and 20 cent rolls/bags to go through while I watch TV.

So far I've found a few low mintage coins, a bunch of MSO's and some big heads, but nothing high value.

What denominations do you like to search?

Should I be bothering with the 50 cent coins? I think the most valuable one I have on my checklist is only worth about $40.
Valued Member
Australia
365 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I regularly noodle 5 or 6 hundred dollar worth of rolls from the bank. Usually only dollars but yesterday I got rolls of every denomination. A few nice ones.
Some Alphabet, donation dollars, 2019 'U', and a few JC 2019 5 and 10 cents.
Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2021  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
758 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2021  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noodle a few hundred rolls of $2 coins each month. Currently have about 800 rolls waiting to noodle.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
641 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depends on what you noodle for - money, swapsies or collection.

I regularly noodle $1 coins to get the alphabet coins but also regularly pull NCLT dollars. Probably the 2000 mule is the most sought after dollar coin. You will find some really nice condition coins that I put aside for trading OS.

$2 - The 2013 coronation is the most looked for. Good condition coloured are worth keeping, especially for trades.

50c - 1977 CoA is the creme de la creme but with only 7 known to exist, very unlikely. The 2001 state coins are worthwhile, especially if you get a full set to trade. Keep an eye out for the millennium incuse and fat letter varieties.

20c - The 1966 wavy (still looking for one myself) plus the 2001 state coins and 2004 big heads. The odd NCLT 20c turns up.

Not a lot happening with the 10 and 5c pieces except for some key dates.

The 2016 changeover coins are worth keeping if in good nick. There are also some 2019 effigy JC or IRB coins worth keeping an eye out for. Can't remember which ones though.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1742 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like to when I have the time - usually 5c, 20c and 50c pieces.
Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found my first 50 cent millennium incuse - not in the $500 of 50 cent coins that I noodled from the bank, instead I found it in my normal change.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
650 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just found my first 50 cent millennium incuse - not in the $500 of 50 cent coins that I noodled from the bank, instead I found it in my normal change.

Well done,they are still around as 99.99% of our population don't look for them,i find around 3-4 a year and sell them to a long term customer for $25,not sure what she does with them but will be waiting a long time if she thinks they will be sudenly worth mega bucks.
She also buys all my Don Bradman 20c for $2-5 so may corner the market with those as well.

Anyone know if there is a problem with the Oz Coin forum?,neither myself or my Brother can log in.
Edited by Basil
04/20/2021 12:05 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
998 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  12:21 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure I think its dead at the moment has been updated in a while basil.

As for the incuse 50c pieces who know. I mean look at Dogecoin or purple coronation coins or wavy 2 20 cent they all started from a low fundamental values and went up obviously I'm not saying it a sure bet but its up to people how they want to save/spend their own money.

that being said has anyone see 20c don brandman mint rolls? I quite sure never seen one only bank rolls.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2942 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  05:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone know if there is a problem with the Oz Coin forum?,neither myself or my Brother can log in.

if you mean ACF, it worked fine for me a few minutes ago.

Quote:
She also buys all my Don Bradman 20c for $2-5 so may corner the market with those as well.

Give her my contact details will you, I have about 100 of those. :)

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER [red]16,000[/green] IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
650 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  07:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Give her my contact details will you, I have about 100 of those. :)

Yeah,very common,but $2+ is for pristine egs,she doesn't want the circulated types.I'll let her know anyway.

For some reason we can't log onto ACF,no great loss its a poor Forum but I tried to provoke some discussion over the last few years but I feel I'm wasting my time,have better success here or on FB.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2942 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yeah,very common,but $2+ is for pristine egs,she doesn't want the circulated types.I'll let her know anyway.

Mine are all from circulation.

Most forums start off strong, but it's hard to maintain the momentum.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER [red]16,000[/green] IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not surprised there are still so many Millenniums in circulation. Definitely harder to spot the incluse than some of the more obvious mules. Got a few nice Bradmans, but I trade them with a friend in Germany for Marks
Valued Member
Australia
365 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The incused 50 cent coin is easy to spot if you check the base of the stars. Mostly they are mottled but in the incused they are smooth. I presume this was in preparation of the colour they were going to add but never did.

Edited by karloning
04/20/2021 10:59 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 523Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05