Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Type Set Question: Which Pricey Silver Eagle?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 917Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1140 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2021  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Reverse Proof is gorgeous.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5235 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2021  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a third choice.
IMO a COMPLETE Type Set would include both.
BUT
I suspect your album wouldn't be able to accommodate both.

Hmmmm, that's a dilemma!

So with only one spot, select the one that pleases you the most
OR
if you can't decide, select the less expensive.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3408 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My 7070 is virtual as I have a hard time buying expensive coins to put in an album.

If I ever do an album 7070, I would just put a bullion ASE in its space. I love the look of the reverse proof and proof coins but as the cost goes up putting them in an album didn't make $$$$ sense to me. I know where careful but you have a sliding cover, moving pages. Over time the coins get a little scuffed up.
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2021  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you really want a reverse proof the 2012 s is affordable

I actually already have a reverse proof, part of the 2011 anniversary set, the interest of the 2019W for me is the enhanced part of it.

Maybe I add a 41mm page to the 7070 and include the different eagle finishes...
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2021  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On another note, I've been looking closer at the 2013-W enhanced uncirculated. It's a real contender with the 2020-W.

First privy mark or the only "enhanced" anything in my 7070...
Learn More...
United States
99535 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you really want a reverse proof the 2012 s is affordable.

Quote:
Maybe I add a 41mm page to the 7070 and include the different eagle finishes...

Quote:
On another note, I've been looking closer at the 2013-W enhanced uncirculated. It's a real contender with the 2020-W.
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally love the enhanced reverse proofs. I count myself lucky to be able to assemble a complete 70 collection for 2019. I got the 2019-S ERP graded myself so I didn't have to pay ridiculous prices

Learn More...
United States
99535 Posts
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BearlyHere to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My V75 cost $85. Plus ~$50 in grading and shipping for a PR70. Seems the cheapest way.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1437 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
instead of the 2019 S ERP, do the 2019 W ERP, it's cheaper and the same finish.

if you want to go all out, toss the 1995-W in there!
Learn More...
United States
99535 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
instead of the 2019 S ERP, do the 2019 W ERP, it's cheaper and the same finish.
But that would mean separating it from its Canadian partner!

Quote:
if you want to go all out, toss the 1995-W in there!
Go big or go home.
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My V75 cost $85

You are lucky! I wasn't able to get one at release price

Quote:
2019 S ERP... toss the 1995-W in there

HA! Neither of these was in the plan... ever! I've got a little money to throw around but certainly not enough for those
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 917Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05