Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Aussie Mule Owners

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 166 / Views: 21,672Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2006  05:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by harrisjk

Shall we try to guess what this mule will go for? Ballpark thoughts anyone?

Don't overlook there is a reserve price in this auction and S_S has already said it won't be cheap. It may very well turn out that this reserve price is not met.

I think the question here should be what is the reserve price rather than how much it will sell for...[:p]

My guess.....at least AUD$10K .....
Edited by lim118
04/13/2006 05:40 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2006  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigfella to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is definate interest in Newcastle about the sale price.
Valued Member
Australia
65 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2006  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tonyozcan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All interest how much it will fetch.Also final price will it increase the value to all mules.
As myself I have always said that the mules are a blue chip investment I have been criticised and now I hope those Critics will take a second look and have second thoughts to as I was correct in investing in these items.
Thanks to all the critics who is going to have the last laugh.
Also S.S we all know the market moves in the last 12 months as it has rose on demand it has proven a blue chip investment product with further increases to come.
Surley all the mule collectors will be interested what the market demand is like.
As this will be another increase in value on the mules again.
We have to sit back and see.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2006  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like I am way off the mark.....has gone over the AUD$10K now and the reserve is still not met.....[:0]
Pillar of the Community
Australia
652 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2006  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonyozcan

All interest how much it will fetch.Also final price will it increase the value to all mules.
As myself I have always said that the mules are a blue chip investment I have been criticised and now I hope those Critics will take a second look and have second thoughts to as I was correct in investing in these items.
Thanks to all the critics who is going to have the last laugh.
Also S.S we all know the market moves in the last 12 months as it has rose on demand it has proven a blue chip investment product with further increases to come.
Surley all the mule collectors will be interested what the market demand is like.
As this will be another increase in value on the mules again.
We have to sit back and see.

Tonyozcan, I think that the term bluechip is stretching it (just) a little. The price for a garden variety mule has not increased in over 12 months. Despairing that I would never find one, I bought one this time last year and paid AU$408 for it. I note that you can still buy the same quality coin from anywhere between $380 and $450. They are definitely NOT bluechip. However the better quality coins like secretsquirrel's ARE bluechip.

I don't mean to sound harsh here. A 2000 mule in any condition is a welcome addition to anyones collection. But this is the first I can recall of this quality being auctioned on ebay. The others? Most are recycling from seller to seller.

The price may move next year when I understand they will be recognised in McDonald's. But until then , they are simply speculative. I hope they do go up in price. I have since found 4 more.

I think this is the 'WOW' mule. My opinion is that the resrve will be around AU$15K.
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2006  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add secretsquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It certainly wont be a cheap coin to pick up but I'm starting to worry about having to part with it as it seems the serious investors are only just starting to bite and there's still 8 days left.

Tony I'm with you on the true value of these coins and it seems so are some of the bidders. I've been laughed at alot for my values on them.
When I first come across this coin the best offer I got from all that wanted it was A$3k

lim, yes this is the same coin you got to see on your 5 star holiday to Perth
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2006  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add secretsquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yass you do have a point on the low grade coins but I feel only to the point they wont increase at the same rate as premium grade coins as is always the case.

Yes this is the WOW mule.
Valued Member
Australia
444 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2006  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNC king to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with the price already where it is now SS and with 8 days to go , I think it might be going to a new home soon
Valued Member
119 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2006  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thesandpit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tony, I agree with you. They are one of the best medium term investments you could make, even in lower grades. They have the rarity but they have not had sufficient exposure in the last twelve months for their price to have increased. As always, the high grade examples are the best investment (I see that Tony has had a bid on the Squirrel Mule) but the low grade ones are still a great investment for those who cannot afford an unc one.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2006  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even if the WOW MULE is not sold, this auction can only do a world of good for other Mules in general. I am sure collectors will start to take note of the potential of this rarity.

I wonder if Greg is following this auction....
Valued Member
Australia
444 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2006  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNC king to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lim118

Even if the WOW MULE is not sold, this auction can only do a world of good for other Mules in general. I am sure collectors will start to take note of the potential of this rarity.

I wonder if Greg is following this auction....

he has to lim how else can he put a price on one unless he uses all sales results as a guide
Valued Member
Australia
65 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2006  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tonyozcan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its not an advertising with me but on a fair judgement and lets be fairdinkum about this.
Ive got huge wraps on mules not that I'm throwing my weight around.
Lets just be in fair judgement in the modern issues we have to admit that this error is the collectors delight.
Forget the rush when it sold for $1000+ but we can see the price increase in the last 12 months and still increasing.
I have to admit bit over 12 months a VF would go for $380 as I have bought for this price now it will be a struggle and I think luck will be on your side If you picked one up for $450.Going on blue chip there are investment companies that classify blue chip on a 5 year plan that you money will grow.
I think as I told some critics before, buy a mule now and in 5 years sell it and compare the difference on your capital you spent.
I think all mule investors will remember me in 5 years from now how much it will rise.
As going with mules I dont see it as a collectors item but an Investment item.
Lets face it when we will ever come across a unique error like this.It dosn't happen every week or year.
Edited by tonyozcan
04/16/2006 10:37 am
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2006  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add secretsquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
72 watchers now and 851 hits. Will it crack the 1000? I think so with 2 days left.
Have any of the aussie forum members let Greg Mc know about the listing for his guide values? As the seller I don't think it's right for me to do it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2006  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by secretsquirrel

72 watchers now and 851 hits. Will it crack the 1000? I think so with 2 days left.
Have any of the aussie forum members let Greg Mc know about the listing for his guide values? As the seller I don't think it's right for me to do it.

Email sent matey...hopefully he will take note of this...
Learn More...
United States
15187 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2006  07:40 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have posted this in the main coin forum, but many of you do not visit there so I am researching

to find the oldest use of the Mule term and who used it and it's meaning.
It seems we have lost the original meaning for a few of the terms we use.

Some people think the term may have been first used in the US and may be in some early numismatic journals etc.

Can anyone identify where the term came from and when?
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 166 / Views: 21,672Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: