Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969-D Lincoln Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 305Next Topic  

Brazil
21 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  09:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rcavalcanti7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,
I'm just learning about possible errors in coins, and this 1969-D Lincoln Penny caught my attention.

Could this be a floating roof with a weakened FG or this is due to the poor condition of the coin?

Learning a lot from reading the forum, thanks to all.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

It looks like a floating roof, can you post up a few images close up of either end of the roof areas?
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Brazil
21 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcavalcanti7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for answering.
I hope these are better.
Was the closest I could get with my phone.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56880 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "floating roof" is caused by excessive die polishing.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
736 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a floating roof.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9729 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A floating roof is not really an error as it is caused by excessive die polishing which is just part of the minting process.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3948 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aye, a floating roof.
Brazil
21 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcavalcanti7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the answers.
The weakened FG also caused by excessive die polishing as well, right?
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
Brazil
21 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcavalcanti7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1956 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The weakened FG also caused by excessive die polishing as well, right?

Right. 1969 & 1970 series Lincolns are most susceptible for over die polishing on those areas (Roof & FG)
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 305Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05