Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Daniel Carr Fantasy Coin/Token If You Have One.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 1,742Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gluggo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another one from 2016 very hard to find. I think less than 07 were made so the price goes up. I want to say that I am not really sure why the prices are what they are. I just know if I want Daniel Carr coins I have to pay the price. If not then you miss out cause once their sold out the 2nd hand market is the only other way to get them. This one did not go for moon money but was a bit over my usual purchase. But then less than 10 made.

These are both the same 2016 token but slightly different angles so the light gives off a different color. You could capture many different light all from yellow, orange, red, blue to purple. Pretty cool if you ask me. The Hologram effect!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2934 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Gluggo.

Here is the satin silver medal.
35 of these made.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2934 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is my favourite Daniel Carr piece though, done in 63mm pewter. To me this is priceless and will never leave my collection.

Steve :(
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cointagous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Turtle delivery must be real as some packages take forever to arrive.
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  08:41 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff all!
1942 DDD Jefferson nickel overstrike on a war-time silver nickel. All three mint mark places are used.

Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  08:50 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2012 Liberty Eagle on a .999 1/20th ounce planchet

Pillar of the Community
United States
9670 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like that '42 triple D Jefferson.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
9670 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is probably my favorite DC issue as I collect Morgan dollars by the variety ( VAM) and do enjoy an example of a nice die clash event.

1883-O Nut
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gluggo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Tigersmob how are thing in your country. Looks like there is one of the blue 1921 counter struck Peace dollars on EBay. Coming down to the wire even though Dan still has this version for sale. It's not mine just posting if anybody is looking for one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MCMXXI-PEA...324554067920
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5644 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't understand why these fantasy items fetch such huge prices. Granted, they are well made, but I have a number of well-made fantasies that don't cost moon money, to say nothing of some extremely well-made medals which sell for little more than bullion.

I believe it's a simple matter of supply and demand. Daniel Carr has become a "known quantity" and there are more collectors who like his work and want examples in their collection than there is available supply.

Whenever that scenario plays out, market prices advance!

I also have many lower-priced medals in my collection that have stunning artwork. They are not pursued by a large number of collectors, however, so their prices do not advance much. Also, some of them are relatively unknown and there's no reference guide for them - this also often suppresses prices.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2934 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hello Tigersmob how are thing in your country

All good here thanks Gluggo. No COVID, but 2 cyclones heading our way.

Cheers

OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2934 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more in copper.

OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  06:31 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1857 Indian Head penny

Good stuff !
Edited by Chopped Triumphs
04/12/2021 06:32 am
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  06:41 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a few of these that I gave away, it never dawned on me that they were a Daniel Carr ..

Learn More...
United States
99030 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting examples added to this topic over the weekend.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 1,742Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05