Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Daniel Carr Fantasy Coin/Token If You Have One.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 2,531Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  05:46 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1622 Atocha commemorative cob, color-toned finish(struck in 2015).
Struck on hand-poured 999 silver cobs which contain trace amounts of Atocha and 1715 Fleet recovery silver.

Other die pairs were offered.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Edited by Chopped Triumphs
04/16/2021 06:00 am
Learn More...
United States
99535 Posts
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  08:29 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning!

1911-S Bison overstrike, No Buffalo nickels were produced before 1913.

Real Buffalo nickel.

Edited by Chopped Triumphs
04/18/2021 08:35 am
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gluggo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a 1911-S Brilliant Satin/Circulated at least that is what the tag sais!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1140 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps Daniel Carr should be in charge of the US Mint.
Edited by NumisEd
04/18/2021 8:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5735 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mr. Carr certainly does some nice work with his fantasy over-strikes! Thanks to everyone who has posted an image of a piece from his/her collection!

I prefer those that are within the date range of a series but represent a date not issued (e.g. his 1933 Washington quarter over-strike) vs. true fantasy dates such as the 1911 Indian Head nickel shown above.

But, that's just my view on things...

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2951 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some more coin club medals in brass.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
99535 Posts
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  06:44 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning
1920 D Morgan over strike.
This one I do not own, I was looking around for something that was more in my budget for a fantasy O/S and came across this. enjoy!

Have a good day everyone!
Learn More...
United States
99535 Posts
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gluggo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one you won't see very often.

Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  05:35 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Gluggo. I havent seen itat all!
Learn More...
United States
99535 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1140 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw a Daniel Carr proof-like 1916 Half Dollar for sale on eBay yesterday and was tempted to bid on it and add it to my collection.
But then again, I considered that it is not really from that era and passing it off as the real thing in my collection would probably incur the wrath of my fellow CCF if I ever posted pics of it.
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  06:40 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this a Daniel Carr? The obverse looks a lot like the winged St. Gaudens. According to Daniel's website that was a three year series 2019, 2020 and lastly 2021.

This piece is dated 2017 and was done for the national park foundation? I dont see his "DC" on it anywhere.

Have a good day all!
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 2,531Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05