Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Daniel Carr Fantasy Coin/Token If You Have One.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 106 / Views: 4,204Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
1897 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As requested:

Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  06:48 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bump111! Those are pretty cool
Learn More...
United States
102075 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6113 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bump111: Interesting political piece - thanks for sharing!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  06:43 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to post something .. it didn't work
Edited by Chopped Triumphs
06/23/2021 06:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1897 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used the Carr piece in a Hard Times Token display at the RCC show last week.

Learn More...
United States
102075 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I used the Carr piece in a Hard Times Token display at the RCC show last week.
Well done!
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  06:40 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's great Bump111, It fits the category perfectly!

The Morgan came in also.

06/24/2021 06:57 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6113 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bump111: Congrats on the exhibit! It looks like you presented some great info!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1897 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind replies. When I first set up this display, some of the club members were giving me grief, saying "what are all those round brown things?" So, I brought a couple of LED lamps on Friday morning (thus the glare.) My first attempt at a display and learning. I made a two-page handout and put copies next to it. Thinking I may create a separate topic on the display and include the body of that handout.

Wish I could have had your input at setup, @Commems. You've always given me great advice and pointers on stuff like this.

Morgan is looking great, @CT!
Learn More...
United States
102075 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6113 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bump111: Always remember: Negative feedback is easy - many folks give it as a first reaction without even thinking about it!

Constructive criticism with workable suggestions for improvement on the other hand...

With the intent of helping for the future...I offer the following.

The next time you mount the exhibit, I would consider:

1. Make it a two-case exhibit - I think you have enough numismatic material and educational content to present it over two cases and avoid potential crowding effects. Used appropriately, white space can be your friend.

2. Make a Title Card for the exhibit, something that sums up your exhibit and can catch the attention of someone walking by. An Introduction Card would also be good. Explain the purpose of the exhibit and what the viewer will see in it. Preparing someone for what they are about to experience is almost always a good thing.

3. Make Info Cards for all of your numismatic material and summarizing the specification details of each on the card. Simply placing coins/tokens/medals on a background has a tendency to look a bit random.

4. The large photograph are very nice. They can go a long way in getting past the difficulties of exhibiting brown copper pieces - definitely continue their use! Using lamps for extra illumination was a good idea, but realize that such will not be an option at all venues; some exhibit areas, for example, do not allow them.

5. Using a large enough font to be easily readable is always a good thing - it looks like you selected a very readable font. Good job! I can't tell you how many times I've looked into an exhibit case and have seen large blocks of text in an 11-point font. Not only does it make the text more difficult to read, but it is also visually unappealing. Large, easy-to-see/read text is the way to go!

6. You might consider placing your tokens into capsules to protect them while they are on display (e.g, from getting slide marks if someone bumps the exhibit case or the table on which it is placed). Flips and 2x2s are unattractive in a display, but properly-sized capsules do not detract (IMO) and they are easier to work into information cards.

I'll stop now. I think you prepared a good exhibit. With a few changes/enhancements, I believe you can make it a great one!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1897 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With the intent of helping for the future...I offer the following

All great suggestions from a proven presentation master and appreciated. Thanks you!

I will continue the discussion in a new thread to avoid further highjacking the Daniel Carr thread.
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2021  05:43 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2001D Concept Apollo Dollar/Roller

Fun Fact: The date 2001 is in honor of the movie: 2001 A Space Odyssey.

07/10/2021 05:51 am
Learn More...
United States
102075 Posts
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 106 / Views: 4,204Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05