Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sheet Of Uncut One Dollar Notes, All With The Same Serial Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 567Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
162 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  3:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GABatGH to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What would be the purpose of a sheet of notes, eight high and four wide, of uncut one dollar notes that are all have the same serial number? The sheet is stored flat in a dark blue cardboard holder from the Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Washington D.C.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38958 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos please.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The serial number won't be the same if it's real.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56891 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cant wait for a pic!
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GABatGH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The serial numbers are not the same. These are uncut sheets.

I have one for $5.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GABatGH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Son of a gun. They are NOT the same. I just was looking at the first three and last three digits, and those ARE the same for all the bills. It's all the middle numbers that change. I can't believe that I completely missed that!

Thanks for pointing that out!!!

Now I feel sheepish.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3162 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The BEP used to sell these sheets flat, mounted on cardboard frames, as seen above. They have since switched to selling 4-subject sheets flat, but everything else now comes rolled up in shipping tubes. I love sheets.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10961 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@GABatGH, easy mistake. Way over-simplified, multiple sheets such as yours are cut together in stacks after printing. The resulting stacks of cut notes from the sheets are in sequential order.

P.S. those sheets look great framed.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GABatGH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty sure what threw me off was that the bills on the sheet were not in sequential order themselves. 99878110 does not have 99878111 on the next to it on the sheet. In hindsight, this is so when, after the sheets are stacked and then cut only *then* will the bills be in proper sequential order. But to a layman, one lone sheet looks wonky
Edited by GABatGH
04/10/2021 07:32 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3162 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The new 50-subject sheets are a sight to see in-hand. Absolutely massive. I wasn't able to get all of it in the frame.

Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GABatGH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send me one of the sheets, I'm sure I could get a good pic of one for you
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10961 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this is so when, after the sheets are stacked and then cut only *then* will the bills be in proper sequential order.

Seems like a Mensa-worthy situation/question for sure.

Quote:
The new 50-subject sheets are a sight to see in-hand. Absolutely massive.

Awesome! I gotta get me one of those.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10961 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Currently Unavailable"

Edited by CelticKnot
04/10/2021 10:42 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 567Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05