Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1994 Washington Quarter Huge Devices Unsure.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 172Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
403 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  8:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Coincommunity.
Ive got this Washington quarter that when compared with others from that year, this one stands out as not normal.
Could someone please help.
Thanks so much.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49990 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Machine Doubling and die wear. Note the devices, like the motto devices. The ones closest to the rim are enlarged the most. Liberty to same way. The bottoms of the devices are smaller than the upper areas of the devices. Another coin to keep as an example of extreme die wear. Or a spendable coin. (Sometimes we regret later when we spend an example of the extreme)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop, this one is extreme indeed.
I'll keep this one....thanks again.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49990 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you ever retake images of the Motto area and the America without the glare. Repost them here and I would like to see better images. The other two images were nice with the glare. But these, when you get to it, repost the new ones I could use these for reference photos. (I' guessing the problem with the glare is the angle of the show. A light at a lower angle will make not only the tops to glare, but also the lower areas of the devices to reflect) So a shot at a higher location of the lighting might give you better images. Note on your images: 1.Image one, was too low of an angle and it made the edges of the devices to shine because of the glare.
2.The image had a higher angle, but still some glare, that a diffused light source would correct.
3.Same as #2, A diffused light would have prevented the glare on the coin.
4.Same as image #1, to low of an angle for the light source.
5.Better image, but as with #2 it would have removed the glare from happening. Better angle and editing a bit would make this one pop.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
04/08/2021 10:45 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike1487 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The die crack from the "B" to the rim is neat.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 172Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05