Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Garret Ace 250 Advice

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 272Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  6:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hiya. I got the above detector (well sat in a cupboard) and actually read the manual posted on this forum! Had fun on lowest sensitivity all metal in my garden and gradually increased sensitivity as I got rid of the trash so now hearing deep targets.. Luckily it had a pin pointer but the targets are all now well below the pin pointer even with a trial dig.
The Garret seems to behave differently if it is switched on up in fresh air as opposed to switched on when pressed on ground. Is it it ground balancing when switched on?
Noticed as well this seems related to the Discrimination function where it can be coaxed into a nice precise location response at expense of depth by pressing Discrimination off target.
Love the weight of it am a size 10 and put it down away from a target and keep the pin pointer and trowel away from each other because the 3 don't get on. Tried headphones but it's a total pain being physically connected to the detector as I have to leave it while I treasure trash so I thought Bluetooth headphones to not annoy anyone as it is a loud speaker. on the detector I read Bluetooth transmitters can be a pain due to latency. Is there a cost effective low latency plug in for the headphones jack that you guys use?

Sue
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kaxaba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I had heard good things about Garretts Bluetooth what is it called. Z link or something. & that the audio is just about in "real time".
It's spendy tho I don't mind broadcasting beeps to the world.
I have the 250. Love it! I don't think we have ground balancing. You could be receiving feedback from your pinpointer if it is on. I usually don't have a hard time with headphone cord. Just be specific about where I set my machine down to dig. I set it close anyway to swing fistfuls of dirt / plastic scoop over coil as I dig since I don't have a pinpointer yet. So being tethered isn't a problem mostly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4158 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I set it close anyway to swing fistfuls of dirt
Heh-heh hey watch it now! Anyways, there must be a set out there with the tech we have today. I bought a set of Radio Shack wireless phones back around 2009 for my DFX. They were decent, cheap and no latency. That was 12 years ago. Of course, R/S is no longer in business afaik.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kaxaba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha I thought you'd catch that
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I figure out a lowest possible EMI/RFI solution for my Garret 250 headphone am going to physically remove its internal speaker as am swinging a magnet about. Grrrrr :)
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kaxaba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If ya don't mind keeping us posted. I'd be interested in your solution
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 272Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05