Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1905 5c Liberty Head Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 355Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7809 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  8:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
$115. Thoughts? Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
670 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just don't know enough about these to give a fair assessment?
But from my untrained eyes...the northern half of the obverse and the southern half of the reverse seem to be a little weak on the main devises (hair and ribbon)? Corresponding strike issue?
The open fields on the obverse look really nice except for the ding in front of the bridge of her nose...and the little ding on her cheek.
Nice field on the reverse with just 2 noticeable ticks.
Tricky one for me...MS62 but 63 wouldn't surprise me either?
smat
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2321 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same as the 1907. AU58, but better pics may reveal low MS
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56862 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't like that diagonal obverse line below cheek, and the suggestion of a couple more across the jaw.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4412 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NS, did all 3 of these come from the same seller?
MS-62/3 for my untrained eye
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
7809 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, same seller. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
690 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike1487 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For some reason I like this one the best out of the three. The obverse lines don't bother me, probably just the planchet, I like that look. MS63 until better pics prove circulation.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15197 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at MS-62-63 ,underlining luster .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10063 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55/58 or MS62. I'm leaning AU55
Pillar of the Community
United States
1123 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some luster left? First I thought AU55-58, but the diagonal lines at the obverse and "stuff" on the reverse suggest otherwise. So, I say MS61-62.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22024 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-62 with average eye appeal for the grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1123 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are interested, I have an 1899 for sale. I can post later in the "Sales" forum.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 355Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05