Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2000 Lincoln DD Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 310Next Topic  

United States
45 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  10:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DMN to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys. I found this Lincoln with doubling last night. It would be my fist DD find finally afer ahgezillion penny searches.. I'm happy but I wish that the coin was in better condition but still I'm excited!! I would like our feedback as to if you think its worth getting grated. Thanks everyone!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
9707 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry but that is MD.
Not worth getting graded as it is worth 1 cent.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38912 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
720 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Machine doubling. On a doubled die the devices show spread in the centers, not on the outside edges like on yours. Keep searching!
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example of Machine Doubling. I'd keep it for reference.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yep MD. getting it graded would not be cost effective for a coin worth only face value
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
4402 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Raise your hand if in the beginning stages of your collecting you thought this was a doubled die?

DMN, take a look around, I think everyone has their hand up. So don't worry you'll find one...keep asking and best of luck
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50733 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are looking in the wrong area of the devices for a doubled die. Look at the centers of the devices for the widening there. On the outside edge of the devices is were Machine Doubling happens. That is where you are looking.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DMN to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank to all! Yes I was a bit excited. But that's the fun in it. A lot of people wish to hit the "Big Money Coin!" But it just more than that to me it educational and fun! Its a great hobby and something I can pass on to my kids someday. And I'm grateful for all you guys help!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 310Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05