Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1939 D Walking Liberty Half

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 507Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
501 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  8:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KenBerthiaume to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think?

Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If not an AU-58, then MS-64 at least...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15425 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice original luster a few ticks both sides . MS-63+ wouldn't doubt if it would go to 64.
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58417 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go MS-64 as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couple of rim nicks, but nothing major. Yellow light obscuring potential frost. I guess MS65.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3131 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few marks on the gown, sun, and the right obverse field may hold it to MS-64+, but beautiful!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2493 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10200 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
slightly weak strike both sides. could be lighting but the right obverse field looks like the luster is broken in that area. first thought was a decent AU58. just going with the photo I'm in at MS63 due to softer strike and possible missing luster. if the luster is there maybe MS64
Pillar of the Community
United States
9750 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see MS64. Nice example!
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2054 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one!

Add me to the MS-64 parade.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18588 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cannot see Lib's left left thumb under the veil, so I had to to ask myself why?

There doesn't appear to be any wear - difficult to be really sure from these pictures, but the luster seems to be undisturbed at this point, so it follows that it must be due to a weaker strike. Easily confirmed by hand held examination in sunlight with a 10x loupe. Proofs and sharper strikes show Lib's left thumb.

Therefore, I would have to agree with
MS-64.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7828 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ms65. Really impressed with the pictures. Wish I could hit them like that every time.
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with the others 63/64. Pretty Walker!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22024 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough call on this one. Lots of marks and some very light friction on the top of the sun so I'd be at MS-60.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 507Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05