Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1893 Columbian Half Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 528Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
556 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  04:10 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this up at a coin shop today in the junk silver and discounted coin box for $7.00. I did ask if it was a mistake being in that box. He said probably, but he liked I asked first. 2x2 said AU. What would you put it at? Thank you.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7082 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  05:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go with AU - lots of chatter marks both sides. Nice pickup for $7.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18450 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of wear on this coin: VF-35, but I don't think AU.
Nevertheless, even at this grade, still an outstanding bargain at $7.00
Pillar of the Community
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm good with either. Prefer AU though. I didn't think I belonged in that box I asked him he said you're honest take it then I found that the 2004 Washington D Cquarter and I guess that copy one in there too so that was pretty cool so I got me a Daniel Carr piece. Thanks for you time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2347 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decent amount of hairlines there, AU Details Cleaned for me.

Regardless, nice pickup under melt value.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57018 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not in the best shape but the price was right!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5234 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely not AU.
I think VF is probably correct.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say XF-45, possibly with an old cleaning, but you certainly can't beat the price!
Pillar of the Community
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your time. Thought it was a good deal. Just saw AU on the 2x2 and I was questioning that. New camera so how the pics look?
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pics look good to me!

I'd say XF-Details cleaning, got more meat than a 40 but too much wear to be AU in my eyes. And those hairlines make me think cleaning for sure. Still a nice pickup at the price
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1986 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like stated - Great deal. Don't see these that often on the forum for some reason
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
United States
2960 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF Details cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Rothery now that you mentioned it, I was scrolling through to see what others might have and didnt find one. There is only 1892 and 1893. I showed the coin to my daughter and she was excited. That made my day.
Edited by Minnimarine
04/13/2021 1:12 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22024 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45 and probably cleaned years ago.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 528Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05