Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1879 - S Morgan Dollar - Your Grading Opinions

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 947Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
8071 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  01:50 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These are the seller photos

Unless the auction seller is a reputable individual and has a liberal return policy, I would keep looking, as a seller is going to put up photos to invite higher bids than lower ones, obviously. The photos may not tell the whole story. How about his other auctions and feedback or track record in the past? That means a lot when selling online behind only photos and a name online.

"Caveat emptor"
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
556 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I asked for more photos head on so I could better see the coin and received this response:

Hi THERE IT IS A VERY GOOD COIN, IF YOU ARE A COLLECTOR OF USA DOLLARS THEN YOU WILL BE AWAER OF THE CARTWHEEL AFFECT IT IS SECOND TO NONE.
MY ADVISE IS IF YOUN DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU SEE THEN DON'T BID.

Kind Regards and thank you."

Now that is avoiding my question which makes me think it is a MS64 coin with the cheek hits being hidden. Seller feedback is 100% with about 2000 left. I believe I can return if the coin is not as described. If it stays under a certain price I'll take the risk but any more then I will just leave it. Thank you all for the replies.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
556 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  03:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay I got some more photos out of the seller. Do they help?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3123 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The cheek looks very good in the new photos, I'd up my opinion to a solid MS-65.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2478 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yet again, lighting can be tricky. In the new pics the hits below the eye do not seem as prominent, but the 2 hits closer to the jawline seem more significant. I'll bump my range a 1/2 point. MS64+/MS65+
Pillar of the Community
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks really bright I am thinking maybe its been dipped but still looks good at MS-65 to me
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58340 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reviewing second set of pics I'll say MS-65, but strongly agree you shouldn't buy it without a solid return privilege.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3013 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller is playing games with the photos. This is a common date, and will be overpriced based on first batch of photos. Pass
Edited by Slider23
04/13/2021 10:01 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10192 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 79(S) should be sharp and bold. I'm seeing a little weakness around the ear area as well as breast which should be a little sharper than this with more feather definition. I agree with the above comments regarding the cheek. I think it nets to MS65. I think MS66 is pushing it a hair too far for this one.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 947Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05