Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The New Mexican 20 Pesos Coin Released Today *beauty*

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 632Next Topic  
Mexico
9 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  6:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lion Alchemist to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Today the bank of México released a new bimetallic coin. its characteristics are:

Face value: 20 pesos
Diameter: 30 mm
Weight: 12.67 gr
Shape: dodecagonal
Topic: 100 years since the death of General Emiliano Zapata Salazar
Edge: Discontinuous reeded
security features: Virtual image & micro-sized lettering

Note: despite coin has the date 2019 on the reverse it was actually minted this 2021. It has the date 2019 because the 100 years of the death of Zapata happened on april 10 1919.

Best Regards from Mexico,
Lion ALchemist

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18537 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope they issue a collector version with a silver center.
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is quite neat, I like the growing inclusion of security features on world coinage
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
628 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  02:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice design.

Any idea how many were minted?
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3489 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...that lettering doesn't look very micro to me. Fairly typical size for mottoes (though admittedly they're usually on ribbons). I'm pretty sure I've seen coins a century older with smaller lettering.

But neat coin!
Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3489 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've seen coins a century older with smaller lettering.
...this type, apparently.
Mexico
9 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lion Alchemist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope they issue a collector version with a silver center.

almost impossible however this year there will be 3 new coins made of sterling silver .999

Quote:

Any idea how many were minted?

At this moment only 1 million, a low amount consider that it is a circulating coin. we do not know if Banco de México will order more coins to the Mexican mint.

Quote:
..that lettering doesn't look very micro to me. Fairly typical size for mottoes (though admittedly they're usually on ribbons). I'm pretty sure I've seen coins a century older with smaller lettering.

But neat coin!

I agree, it is too big to be a micro text, however the Mexican mint officially call it a microtext.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
628 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  02:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At this moment only 1 million, a low amount consider that it is a circulating coin.

Indeed, that's a low number.

Quote:
we do not know if Banco de México will order more coins to the Mexican mint.

Let's hope they will.

Thanks for the update.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 632Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05