Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Morgan And Peace Dollars

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,896Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
75 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  6:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
US Mint 2021 schedule just posted release dates for the new Morgan and Peace dollars, no photos or prices yet. They will be staggered, first ones released May 24. Do you suppose they will get VAM numbers eventually?
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As an aside, the U.S. Mint announced today there will be up to five new quarter designs per year, honoring women, from 2022-2025.

WASHINGTON - The United States Mint is pleased to announce the names of the first two women to be honored on coins issued under the American Women Quarters Program. Famed writer Maya Angelou and trailblazing astronaut Dr. Sally Ride will be the first distinguished American women celebrated on the reverse of the program's circulating quarters.

As authorized by Public Law 116-330—the Circulating Collectible Coin Redesign Act of 2020—the Mint will issue circulating and numismatic quarter-dollar coins with reverse (tails) designs emblematic of the accomplishments and contributions of a prominent American woman beginning in January 2022.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4566 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like another possible headache...2 items will be released on the same day...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
8055 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Judging from the last few fiascos in mint product releases I'm not holding my breath, nor planning on getting any of them right away. Maybe down the road, I'm waiting and watching on the fence. I've been burned too many times by the recent Mint promises of neat stuff only to try for hours and get shut out only to see hundreds of the item the next day at 10 to 50 times more on eBay. It's like getting concert/sporting event tickets, wait over night in line 3rd into the cashier and everything is sold out already. But plenty of seats available for sale on the 3rd party or scalper's sites.

Not going to get caught into it again. Yet I'm excited to see the anniversary coins get issued.

$12,750.00 to get the maximum amount (25 coins) on each item 6 Morgans and 1 Peace).

Sounds expensive until you realize you could probably flip it the same day for double or triple. That is why I won't play the US Mint game anymore.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which Morgan do all of you think will be the most sought after? I wish they did different finishes instead of all uncirculated.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8055 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  04:13 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably the CC mintmark one like the real coins. Something that evokes the Wild West attitude and the spirt they were originally made. Then perhaps second, the Peace dollar because in the more modern look, it is simply a beautiful coin, made even more so with the better planchets and the crisper die cutting.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
United States
283 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
U.S. Mint has set the price of these at $85 each. Each different mint Morgan is supposed to have a mintage of only 175,000. The Peace dollar is also $85 and the mintage is set at 200,000. Release dates for the CC privy mark Morgan and the O privy mark is May 24th, June 1st for the S and D Morgans, June 7th for the P Morgan and the P Peace dollar. Shipments wont begin until October. I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of disappointed collectors who won't be able to acquire them and those who do can expect to pay a wild premium. Just another con game!
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  05:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excited for the new designs, not holding my breath for the prices. Maybe let the craze die down a bit and see where the dust settles :)
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sgtclough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So my question why dont they just advertise what it is . Clearly this is a "pre-sale". Guess you better be online as soon as they open for sale , as as they are also listed "10 per household".
Pillar of the Community
United States
4978 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have certainly attempted to get my hands on one of the 2021 Morgan's but with what prices are looking right now I'll likely not even try.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a newbie... I'd LIKE to get at least ONE of these but from what I have read here over the past months it seems like a real crap-shoot with these issues. Part of me wonders if I am better off just looking for a nice original of each...
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I may...

I do have a beef... if the "O" and "CC" mints are long gone, then how are those "mint marks" valid?
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
if the "O" and "CC" mints are long gone, then how are those "mint marks" valid?

They aren't mint marks. They're privy marks. They want to give the feel of the old mint marks, but can't make actual mint marks because the mints no longer exist.
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aaaaaaah, I see now they are indeed calling them "privy"... interesting... so no "P"... sort of a gray area! ;-)
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In case folks didn't get this:

United States Mint Offering 2021 Morgan and Peace dollars in Three Pre-order Windows

On sale for two weeks each or until mintage is depleted, with shipping in October

WASHINGTON - The United States Mint (Mint) today announced that the 2021 renditions of the classic Morgan and Peace dollars will be available in three pre-order windows, beginning on May 24, June 1, and June 7, with each order window lasting two weeks.

The products will include five Morgan dollars - three versions from Philadelphia (one with no Mint mark, one with a Carson City privy mark, and one with a New Orleans privy mark) and one version each from Denver and from San Francisco with "D" and "S" Mint marks, respectively. The Peace dollar will be manufactured at Philadelphia with no Mint mark. The historic New Orleans and Carson City mints are no longer operational United States Mint facilities, and no Morgan dollars will actually be struck in those cities. The privy mark coins from Philadelphia are meant to honor the history of the original mintage.

The Morgan dollar struck at Philadelphia with a Carson City privy mark (21XC) and the Morgan dollar struck at Philadelphia with a New Orleans privy mark (21XD) will be on sale during the first pre-order window beginning at noon (ET) May 24 and extending until June 7 at 3 pm (ET) or until product inventory is depleted.

The Morgan dollars struck at Denver (21XG) and San Francisco (21XF) will be on sale during the second pre-order window beginning at noon (ET) June 1 and extending until June 15 at 3 pm (ET) or until product inventory is depleted.

The Morgan dollar (21XE) and the Peace dollar (21XH) struck at Philadelphia will be on sale during the third pre-order window beginning at noon (ET) June 7 and extending until June 21 at 3 pm (ET) or until the product inventory is depleted. The three pre-order windows were necessary to coordinate production planning at our facilities.

Priced at $85 each, all coins will be struck in .999 silver and have an uncirculated finish. The household limit for each coin will be 10. The product limit for each Morgan dollar is 175,000 coins; the product limit for the Peace dollar is 200,000 coins.

Shipping is scheduled to begin in October. Customers may begin ordering the coins at noon (ET) on the day each pre-order window opens - May 24, June 1, and June 7 via http://www.catalog.usmint.gov

In addition, the Morgan and Peace dollars will be included in the Mint's recently launched Authorized Bulk Purchase Program. This new program is structured to better meet marketplace product availability on the initial on sale date by expanding the distribution of Mint products. No more than 10% of products with limited quantities will be distributed under this program.

The coins feature two of the most revered designs of Liberty in U.S. coinage history. The Morgan dollar, designed by George T. Morgan, features an obverse profile of Lady Liberty, and the reverse features a heraldic eagle. The Peace dollar, designed by Anthony de Francisci, features the Goddess of Liberty on the obverse and a bald eagle clutching an olive branch on the reverse.

The Morgan dollar was minted from 1878 to 1904, and again in 1921. In December 1921, Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon approved the Peace dollar, replacing the Morgan dollar, and commemorating the declaration of peace between the United States and the Imperial German government. The Peace dollar was minted from 1921 to 1935.

The Morgan dollar represents the country's westward expansion and industrial development in the late 19th century. The Peace dollar symbolizes the country's coming of age as an international power while recognizing the sacrifices made by her citizens in World War I and celebrating the victory and peace that ensued.

Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, the United States Mint will not accept and will not honor orders placed prior to the official on-sale dates at noon EDT.

To reduce the risk of employee exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace, the Mint's sales centers are closed until further notice. Please use the Mint's catalog site https://catalog.usmint.gov/ as your primary source of the most current information on product and service status.

Edited by Nells250
05/07/2021 5:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1329 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is anyone going to buy these?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,896Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05