Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New 2022 Quarters - American Women Quarters Program - Collect Or Not Collect?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,013Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  7:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just got an email from the mint announcing the first 2 honorees for the new American Woman Quarter Program (Public Law 116-330). The first two honorees are Maya Angelou and Sally Ride. This series will run from 2022 thru 2025.

I have been debating whether to keep collecting quarters after the ATB series was over, now I am second guessing myself about collecting or not. Maybe I will wait to make my decision until the new designs are out.
Valued Member
United States
239 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. Not collecting past 2021 because I have to have the new Morgan and Peace when they come out, but other than that I don't care for the new designs. Personally I never liked the idea of presidents on coins either. Reminds me too much of a Caeser complex. Coins to honor select groups of individuals are not for me. The old designs that represent Liberty were the nicest and without being political, I fear those days are gone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4868 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 50 states series was fun as a kid, but I quit modern quarters after I filled that folder when I was eight. They're all manufactured rarities as far as I'm concerned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1002 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll definitely be buying/finding/collecting them. I've got every USA quarter made from 1932 to now, so why should I quit now? I will be happy that the 'volume' will drop from the 5-per-year we've dealt with the past 20 years.

There will still be many to get each year. We've got the circulated 'P' and 'D', the 'circulated' 'S', the proof 'S', the silver-proof 'S', and the 'uncirculated' 'P' and 'D'. Oh, maybe even the 'W' quarters if that continues. Multiply those by each design and that makes a bunch of quarters each year.
Edited by atticguy
04/13/2021 11:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3891 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A better choice if they want to continue on their Merry way .
50 State Birds , 50 State Animals .
Enough people on coins !
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do enjoy the idea of historically significant women on the quarters, but like many of you, after the last 112, multiple designs a year is just tiring. I think I'll snag these from circulation as I see them, but otherwise not for me
Learn More...
United States
99342 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll definitely be buying/finding/collecting them. I've got every USA quarter made from 1932 to now, so why should I quit now?
I will do the same. If I have to be honest, I am not tired of them yet.

But you know what I am tired of? Those stupid stinking Zincolns! NIFC the cent now and make it bronze!

Sorry... back to the topic...

I am happy the volume will drop. Quality over quantity I hope.
Learn More...
United States
99342 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For what it is worth, CCFPress created an announcement topic from the news feed. For reference...

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=396499

I locked it to keep the discussion here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not going out of my way, but I'm sure I will just continue my circulation strike/roll hunting collections as I always have. it's a small series, 4 years and up to a maximum of 5 designs per year so can only be 20 coins per mintmark tops as I understand it, it only runs until 2025.

I'm really glad they stepped away from the 10 year programs, but 4 years is still a long time too. I'm getting too old for this and eventually there will be a series I can't complete. LOL
Pillar of the Community
United States
3393 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have about 20 ATB Quarters missing and I can't see my self buying them. So I'm not going to collect these but maybe there will be a cool one like Ursula K. Leguin and I'll get that one in proof.
Learn More...
United States
99342 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am covered as long as they offer a circulation set like the did the ATB Quarters.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmgi2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But you know what I am tired of? Those stupid stinking Zincolns! NIFC the cent now and make it bronze!

Sorry... back to the topic...

I am happy the volume will drop. Quality over quantity I hope.

Yes, I agree completely, those Zincolns are an embarrassment to U.S. coinage. Just absolute garbage metal composition.
Edited by jmgi2020
04/14/2021 6:28 pm
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmgi2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I messed up, lol, I didn't get the quote inside the box for some reason, lol.
Edited by jmgi2020
04/14/2021 6:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3845 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My answer to the OPs question is
Pillar of the Community
Canada
736 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me personally I like the coins to represent the country. To strike and to honor something or somebody is OK for special strike, but for me a coin or banknote must represent the hole country. I will stay with my 50 cent with a beautiful eagle.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1548 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm closing out my silver proof quarter sets with the 2021 quarters.

I will see what the new 2022s look like before deciding on what to do on the clad proofs.

I may get the S mint clads for my Dansco from now on.
Edited by DoubleEagle20
04/15/2021 01:57 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,013Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05