Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1858-O Dime For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 354Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  11:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Don't buy a lot of dimes but this one looked like a good buy to me. Listed as a half dime but pic says dime. 290,000 mintage and if its xf it should be a $100 plus coin. What is your grade? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1858-O-Sil...373531642365
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56894 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe EF-40, but with no return privilege I wouldn't be interested. Always a bad sign.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ebay always makes it returnable regardless of seller policy
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56894 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand that is usually the case. I was referring more to the seller's general attitude.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
brand new seller on e-bay with no history or feedback yet. I wrote to them to confirm dime vs half dime and have not heard back yet. That is why I have not completed sale until I do. Hoping I can get coin in the pic. Greysheet for xf 40 is around $125
Edited by jerryc39
04/14/2021 12:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10074 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
obviously the one in the photo is a dime. I would grade the one in the photo as XF40
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1957 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I understand that is usually the case. I was referring more to the seller's general attitude

I think if you don't fill out all the return information in your auction page setup then "Seller does not accept returns" is automatically added by eBay - so that really means nothing.

Quote:
That is why I have not completed sale until I do. Hoping I can get coin in the pic. Greysheet for xf 40 is around $125

Auction has ended - @Jerry, were you the lucky winner? $52.26 total without tax - not a bad deal
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes I was the winner. Seller wrote back and said I would be getting the coin in the photo. Whoever he had helping him list his coins made a mistake calling it a half dime.
Edited by jerryc39
04/14/2021 6:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3025 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF-40 looks about right. Good buy if the transaction goes smoothly. Interesting seller name for someone without much inventory.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2329 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at XF40 as well. Nice pickup if everything goes through smoothly

Based on the sellers profile pic, they're a dealer out of Texarkana, been around since the 90's, owner shares the same last name as the eBay seller.... if it's legit. Hopefully they don't catch the listing mistake and back out of the deal.

Good luck!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56894 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rothery - thanks for that input on "seller does not accept returns". I was unaware of that.
Edited by Coinfrog
04/14/2021 5:05 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22024 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks EF-40 to me.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 354Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05