Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1932 Washington Quarter #4

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 481Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  2:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What grade do you give this coin? My guess is AU58. Hard to determine if it might move into MS territory due to overexposure.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56880 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There may be a bit of rub on the eagle's breast, but another set of pics might help clarify.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7137 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. Lighting is making me see what may or may not be wear. Nice quarter!
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There may be a bit of rub on the eagle's breast, but another set of pics might help clarify.

Sorry, these are the sellers pics. Don't have any other.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56880 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a really tough call. I would ask seller for another set of pics with different lighting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A tough call? Between...?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10069 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i agree that the lighting is washing out the surfaces so it could go AU58 or MS64. I'm going with AU due to the area I have marked. it appears to be wear from circulation but we cant really rely on these photos

Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see.
Well, in this case I would stay on the cautious side, grade it AU58 and place a bid accordingly.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10069 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there are also flat spots on the fields to the left of the nose, by the 1 in the date and behind the head by the hair tie. I think someone was possibly trying to hide these areas using lighting
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. I think I'd give it an AU-58. Poooossibly an MS-60...
Salut! Aimez-vous collecter des pièces? Je fais!
Je prends le français depuis trois ans.
j'adore collectionner des pièces!
Aussi, je suis bon en programmation!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was outbid, the coin was sold for MS-62 money ($36).
Edited by NumisEd
04/16/2021 1:32 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10069 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was outbid, the coin was sold for MS-62 money ($36).

probably good that you did not get this one but the difference in price is not a huge amount unless it had a D on it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56880 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, you can do better for not that much more money.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 481Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05